We didn't have any planned activities, so spent out time split between my grandparents' house and the lake cottage. There were boat rides, golf cart rides, card games, craft projects, just soaking up the time together, and of course there was lots eating going on, including Arni's Pizzas and Juniors, my grandpa's famous biscuits and hotcakes, and fresh lobster!
I think the easiest way to this will be in pictures...sorry in advance for the photo overload. =)
The view from my grandparents' lake cottage...one of my favorite places.
Tubing was a must...Eric tried to knock us off but we were victorious! 30 years and counting of never being thrown off the tube for this girl!
My grandma showing Eric how to crack the lobster...she's a pro.
My grandpa steaming up the lobster!
Lobster eating in full force!
No this isn't another picture of the lake; this would be a cornfield that was underwater from all of the rain they've had. Crazy!
My aunt brought tie dying supplies with her and we made some amazing clothes!
This kid...I can't believe the little girl who was my Jr Bridesmaid is growing up so fast!
Just one of my grandma's beautiful gardens!
I spent an absurd amount of time in the raspberry patch eating every single berry I could get my hands on!
These babies are 100% better than anything you can get at the grocery store!
Row boating on the pond.
Family crafting...we had tie dying and sign painting going on one afternoon.
Playing with the trucks that my grandpa made for my cousin's kids.
My cousin's son had a birthday shortly before we all got together so we made him a dump truck cake cake. I am pretty sure this was the most fun cake I have every made!
Mom and Dad with their sweet Maggie Sue.
It still blows my mind that this kid is so much taller than me!
All 3 of the Jones siblings. =)
The Jones-Cagle Clan
I am so thankful for the times we get to spend together with our family. I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend!




















No comments:
Post a Comment