Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Life Dump Update

Mic check, mic check...1-2-1-2. Hey Hi Hello there. I'm back again after disappearing for a month. For some reason this time of year gets crazy busy and most days I feel like I'm just hanging on for dear life, hoping that I get everything done that I need to do, while enjoying myself along the way. To be honest, this weekend was only the second plan-less weekend I have had since before my birthday...2 months ago.

So what have we been up to since the last time we chatted after we spent the weekend at the beach, you ask? I spent more marathon weekends at dance competitions, cheering our dancers on. They did really well and we scored a couple first place overalls for our tap trio, and had 3 soloist take 1st overall at our last competition of the year! The looks on their faces were priceless when they heard their music playing to announce them as 1st overall winners....I'm not sure they would have been more excited if you'd told them they'd won a million dollars. Our last competition was extra special, too because my Mom stopped by to watch a few of the performances! She was on her way down to the beach to spend the weekend with friends and she was coming right by the town we were in!

Love my Dance Team Family

Mom and I with one of my 1st place overall winning tappers!

In our spare time...lol...we've been hitting up the new gym in town. A new gym might not seem like much, but in a small town like ours where the is no public gym this is HUGE. And my favorite part? It's 24 hours! I'm not planning on going at midnight but I've been known to head over around 7:30 in the evenings to get a run in, which means I don't leave until 8:30, after the staff is off duty. Plus I can get a Sunday afternoon workout in (one of my favorite times to go) and I never have trouble getting a treadmill. Eric and I even had a workout date Friday night, and by the time we left, we were the only ones there.

Doing work on a Friday night

Spring has really shown out this year, too. It's been absolutely gorgeous down here! I know all of my northern dwelling friends and relatives will be laughing when it's 100 degrees down here this summer but at least we're not digging out from under snow piles in April! I was hoping we could get our garden dug this weekend but the tractor is in the shop so I'm going to have to wait another week. I'm really excited about our garden this year...we're expanding across our backyard and 2 of our neighbors' backyards so we can all reap the benefits! It'll be our own little community garden!

Last but certainly not least, we had a once in a lifetime opportunity last week that is going to get an entire post in itself, but I'll give you a hint....if you can guess what it is, I'll give you a green jacket! =)




No comments: