Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Hello There Fall Weekend, Nice to See You Finally

What a difference 36 hours can make....When I wrote this post last Thursday we were in a must-win situation to make the playoffs with an upcoming game against our biggest rival.  By the end of the night Friday, we were sitting in 2nd place in our region getting ready to HOST our first round playoff game in 2 weeks.

Don't worry, we were all sitting there wondering exactly how all this happened, too.

First, one of the 2 teams we lost to during the season lost their 4th region game on Thursday night, which meant with only 2 region game left and only 2 region losses we were automatically in the playoffs. Second, we beat the P!$$ out of our rivals on Friday night 56-22, and third - the team we beat the week before beat the only other team that beat us in region play. I am not exactly sure how all of that works out because that meant the 2, 3, and 4 ranked teams all are 5-2 in the region, but I was told that because of how the tie-breakers work we get the 2 seed.....and I'm not going to argue because that means we don't travel first round.

Clockwise from left: 1) Indulging in a fried Oreo at the game...totally worth it! 2) Coach Cagle doing what he loves best (other than fishing) 3) Final score....Tigers win big!

So now we are going to enjoy our off week (finally) and get an extra week to prepare for the game!  And by prepare I don't just mean the team.  I might have order 2 dozen purple cowbells to hand out to anyone who wants to be loud and obnoxious like our cheering section at the game.  Did I mention I can't wait for the game!?!

Eric was up bright and early the next morning to head to his fishing tournament....and by bright and early I really mean he woke up in the middle of the night to be there at 5AM, which meant the puppies wanted to wake up at 5:30AM like a normal weekday....not cool dogs, not cool.

They ended up doing really well in the tournament, coming in 2nd.....by .02 lbs.  Eric was happy they won 2nd, but unfortunately the dime-weight loss has only left him hungry for more.

That would be his

While he fished I enjoyed my morning at Trade Day. They have a fall festival of sorts in our little town where they block off a street and fill it with vendors and entertainment for the morning.  Our dancers were performing so I went to check things out. I only brought $20 cash and it's probably a good thing because I feel like I have to buy everything at those kinds of events!

Our Zombie Cloggers and soloist were great!

The pups and I vegged and enjoyed the beautiful fall weather (FINALLY!) all afternoon.  We finished off our evening cooking out with the neighbors, but excused ourselves early and were in bed by 9PM on Saturday night....because that's how we roll these days.  I'm not complaining one little bit!

Sunday we headed out to Eric's grandma's house for a bit and then he took his Dad fishing...because apparently he hadn't had enough of it already. When he got back the house Sunday night he asked me to help him clean fish....  I have helped him one other time about 10 years ago, but he politely asked me to stop because I was squishing the filets and I have not been asked since. So like the good little wifey that I am, I cut rib cages out of freshly skinned fish for an hour.  It wasn't so bad.  I had gloves and good company so I didn't mind too much.

I am pretty sure this earned me Wife-of-the-Year Status...

No comments: