Monday, August 21, 2017

Tis the Season!

Our official THS program picture for 2017

I am completely aware that it is not quite the holiday season--yet, but there is a new season taking shape around here.....football season!  The past two weekends we've been pre-season prepping with team pictures, the 5th Annual Football Coaches Cook-Off (which Eric won after 4 years of coming up short), and Tiger Night this past Friday.

Tiger Night is a tradition in our town where all of the football teams from the 5 and 6 year olds to the varsity team get to scrimmage on the big field.  They introduce all of the players and the cheerleaders and they get to run out on the field before their "game."  It's a really fun night for the whole town and it's always packed!  This week is the real deal as we open up our season on Friday night. I have my cowbells ready and I am pumped!

Post-scrimmage pep talk 

Aside from our season I am so ready for weekend cookouts and spending time on the back porch watching college games all day on Saturday. We pre-gamed a little this weekend as we hosted the end-of-the-year party (fish fry of course) for Eric's Crappie Fishing Club.

Cute, right? And I will never willingly admit the amount of this that I ate over the weekend....let's just say it didn't make it 24 hours. 

It had been a minute since we'd thrown a good ole fish fry, and the menu didn't disappoint: fried crappie, hush puppies, coleslaw, seven layer taco dip, and even a cookie cake....let's just say I was in heaven! My diet for 24 hours from Saturday night to Sunday night consisted of hush puppies, coleslaw, taco dip, and cookie cake...and I am not even halfway sorry about it.

 One half of the anglers of the year team....Eric and his fishing partner ended up winning the points race for the club this year....he was a little proud of his accomplishment! 

All of the club members who were able to make it on Saturday. I just took the pictures since I am not fishing enthusiast and therefore not a club member.  My hat goes off to all of the wives (and kids!) in this pic who fished those weekend tournaments with their husbands.  They were telling stories about one of the mornings back in February and how it was so cold riding down the lake to the fishing spots, and all I could think was I am sure that I was at home in my nice warm bed that morning!  #sorrynotsorry

If you need me this afternoon, I'll be outside Eclipse viewing.  I bought a couple of pairs of eclipse glasses at Walmart a few weeks ago and now I am kicking myself for not buying more....I could have sold them for $10 a pop this weekend! We're supposed to get around 90% totality, and it's looking like it's going to be a good day for viewing so I'm pretty excited!  I remember viewing an eclipse in elementary school on the playground with our homemade viewers...we didn't have fancy glasses available...and I do remember teachers telling us not to look at it directly, but it didn't keep them from letting us go out on the playground to see it.  Clearly we all survived.  

Happy Viewing!

No comments: