![]() |
| via |
Thankfully she had weakened to a tropical storm by the time she made her way up this way, but they still cancelled schools and closed businesses as a precaution. We had crazy wind and rain all day, and a few places around town lost power for several hours. We fared pretty well; there were several times I was afraid the tree in our front yard was going to snap and fall over, but we ended up with just a few small branches in the yard.
In fact, the most tragic casualty at our house was my phone that I dropped in my coffee cup that morning....don't drink and scroll facebook before you're fully caffeinated friends! I am happy to report that after spending the day in a bag of rice it is back up and running like new, albeit with a slight french vanilla scent.
We are certainly counting our blessings and praying for all of those who did take a direct hit from Irma and Harvey a couple of weeks ago. I am sure I am not alone in saying that I am ready for hurricane season to be o-v-e-r!
Irma was far from our thoughts on Friday night though as we hit the road on Friday to take on the defending state champions at their place. We beat them last year at home, so we knew they'd be out for revenge this time around.
Gotta love those Friday Night Lights!
When I asked Eric about the game he said that if we were ahead or close at halftime, we had a shot at winning, so I hoped it would be a good ball game. It ended up being a GREAT ball game! It was a close first half, but we scored right before the half to go up 14-7.
I guess Eric knows what he was talking about because we pulled through with a 21-13 win! It was one of the most fun games I've been to in a long time, and coming away with the win made it that much sweeter! This team is shaping up to be a really fun group to watch, and I feel like there's an excitement on Fridays around town like we haven't had for a few years. I sure hope it continues!
Hoping for many more nights that end like this!

No comments:
Post a Comment