Thursday, October 12, 2017

Guest Bathroom Re-Do

Last year I wrote a post about our disastrous bathroom-redo attempt. Long story short, we had the bathrooms painted and I gave Eric a picture of what color I wanted for the walls in the guest bathroom that looked like this:
(this was the actual picture I gave him)

What I got was this:

Ok Ok maybe that's just what I saw in my head every time I walked in there, which was not often because it nauseated me to be in there. This is what it actually looked like:


It's not as bad as Frozen, but not what I wanted at all.  While trying to figure out how he and the paint guy came to this color I came across this infographic and it all made perfect sense.

via
So much truth in one picture, right?

For the last year the bathroom looked exactly like it did before we painted but with purple walls. I threw everything back in it because I refused to do any decorating until it was repainted.....that is until Eric went out of town to a fishing tournament last month. *muahahahah*

As I was walking the dogs one morning I decided that was it I'd had enough of the hideous bathroom.  I went to Walmart, picked up some paint and paint supplies and headed home to paint.  Of course I had a near panic attack when I looked at the dot of paint on the top of the can and convinced myself that I had picked out the same hideous princess purple that was already on the walls.  But thankfully I did not.  See???


After a few hours and a couple of coats of Soft Dusty Violet paint I finally had my peaceful soft purple oasis that I wanted.

Who wouldn't want to hang out in this pretty bathroom all day long?!

For comparison:
It may not look like much but trust me it's a HUGE difference in a small room!

I was so excited about it in fact that I spent the next afternoon at Hobby Lobby and World Market picking out decor for it!
vase/sconces/lotus candle holder
My original plan was to do succulents in the planters, but Hobby Lobby was out of them so I went with the moss and a pack of fake air plants and voila! The lone fake succulent in the small jar in the top left pic came from the dollar bins at Target.  #winning

I would still like to replace the towel racks, light fixture over the mirror, and maybe the faucet someday but I am so happy with the color and decor I was able to change it should hold me over for at least a few months. 

.....and by the way it only took him 3 days to notice it after he got home.


No comments: