So the real point of this post was to wrap up our holiday season, and the only thing I have left is New Years....Eve and Day because the two combined were quite a doozy, so let's do this.
If you recall from my last post I was headed back to AL on NYE. I made it home around 2 p.m., and thankfully we were spending NYE at some friends' house so I didn't have to come home and host like I did last year. I managed to unpack the car, walk the pups, make dessert to take with us, and get ready all in a 4 hour span. *pats self on the back for being Superwoman*
Our New Years Crew
Believe it or not, this was a Pictionary drawing of Spongebob Squarepants, and yes someone guessed it correctly.
We made it home in the wee hours of the morning, but were wired from the festivities so I made dips for the football games the next day.....at 2:30 a.m. I think I finally gave in around 3 a.m., only to be roused by the pups around 8 (such is life). As hard as I tried (ok I didn't try that hard) I was not ready to go 2.5 hours later when Eric wanted to head back out to another friends' house to watch the football games.....12 straight hours of football games to be exact. I think I made it for the second half of the first game, went home to take a nap and try to at least unpack my suitcase from my trip to Memphis and got caught up watching the GA/OK overtime game, and made it back for the second quarter of the Bama/Clemson game. Thank goodness the game had an uneventful second half so I could say "see ya" and head to the house.
I think I was still playing catch up from Christmas all week last week, but I think I am finally there. The house has been de-Christmased (which took me a week....gah!), and I am ready to take on 2018!
Bring it 2018!
I will leave you with one of my favorite puns I've seen this morning about the game last night:
"Thank goodness the QB change at halftime wasn't Tua little Tua late".....I know, I know, super corny, but still good.


No comments:
Post a Comment