Monday, August 18, 2014

An Anniversary

via
7 years ago today a wide-eyed 22 year old, fresh out of undergrad started her first "big girl" job. It was a huge step for me.  I always assumed that I'd go straight from undergrad to grad school and get a job after that but that was not in the stars for me.  On a whim I decided to take the job and 7 years later I'm still here (well in the same building at least).  In 7 years I've run several different programs; I've written grants; I've become someone's supervisor; I've changed programs; I've lost programs; I've been challenged; I've learned to roll with the punches; I've learned to stand up for myself; I've realized that I would not be in the position I am in now if someone didn't think I could handle it; I've made some wonderful friends I would not have met otherwise; I've become passionate about issues I never thought much about; and most importantly I do feel like I am making a difference in peoples' lives which is what public health is all about.

No comments: