Hey there, Hi there, Ho there. I'm back. I wish I had an exciting and fun excuse for being absent the past couple of weeks, but I don't. My bad. I'll try to pick up the blogging action this week....try to. This week is going to be a little busy, but I will do my best.
So first things, first. I got my hair cut. I realize that for most people this is NBD, but for me it is. I am terrible about getting my hair cut and I am always putting it off because I don't think about it until the day of and I can never get an appointment for that day. This past time that strategy has translated into going 17 months since my last hair cut, yes it had been almost a year and a half since I'd last gotten it cut and it was driving me crazy. I decided last Wednesday I was going to bite the bullet and luckily the salon I like had an appointment open on Friday. I told the girl I needed a trim and to cut whatever we needed to cut to get the split ends off. She suggested 2 inches, but when I told her how long it had been she changed it to 3 inches and had me pre-book my next appointment. 10 weeks seems so soon though! An hour later I was out the door with a shaped up-do that I love!
 |
| The picture on the left was back in July, so add almost a couple of months of split ends and you can imagine why my hair stayed in a bun for most of August and September. The picture on the right was post Friday afternoon hair recovery effort. |
I think we're finally getting into our fall football season groove. This weekend it finally felt like football was here (despite the oppressive humidity that is STILL HERE). After 2 really far away games, think 2+ hour drive one way, we had a home game Friday night. Eric had me a little concerned about it, but the boys handled the game quite nicely and routed their opponent 42-14. It was great to finally have a game at home (I'm not counting the very first one because it was way too one-sided to really call it a game). This week they've got another doozy. I can always tell how good a team is supposed to be based on how long the Sunday afternoon meetings are. The past few weeks they've been in and out in under 3 hours, this week they were there for 6 hours. I realize that as the season goes on and they get more game film it takes a little longer, but they certainly take their time prepping for more difficult opponents.
.JPG) |
| Celebrating the win Friday night. |
.JPG) |
A certain coach I know made the Friday NIgh Fever Highlight Reel on the news. You can't miss that big bald head! Also check out the temperature at 10:30pm Friday night....this is why I won't keep my mouth shut about the heat. |
Saturday morning we were up and running so Eric could get some meat smoking on the grill. Since we were up we decided to try out the breakfast at our favorite little sandwich place in town. We'd heard good things about it and had been meaning to try it out for months. Let me just say that it was fabulous and we will be back. Eric opted for the breakfast sampler: eggs, sausage, grits, biscuit and gravy; I on the other hand went all out and had French Toast with whopped cream and pecans with a side of bacon. It was amazing and we both left in a food coma that lasted most of the morning.
.JPG) |
| Yah...it was as good as it looks. |
We spent Saturday afternoon on the porch watching football games. I was not looking forward to this weeks's games since most teams were playing smaller non-conference opponents. However, many of the little guys decided they were going to give the big dogs a run for their money this weekend. We watched several games that went down to the wire and several favorites go down. I must admit I was expecting Florida to blow Kentucky out of the water at the Swamp Saturday night and that ended up being one of the best games on.....I still think Kentucky got the shaft. Florida still could have scored on 4th and 12 but delay of game should have been called. But nobody asked my opinion on the matter, plus I had nodded off and woke up when I heard cheering on the tv as Florida scored so I didn't know it happened until the next day.
Since I sneaked out and went to church Saturday night we got to sleep in Sunday, like 10 hours of sleep which rarely happens around these parts. We piddled around all morning until Eric had to leave for meetings. I hit up the grocery store and parked my behind on the couch for an NCIS marathon. The pups didn't mind because it was too stinkin humid to even try to go outside. We vegged until about 6 when I just knew the neighborhood would be shaded enough for a cool evening walk. Ha. Let's just say I felt like I had run a few miles as much as I was sweating when we got back from ONE measly lap. Seriously humidity, you can leave us at any time now....it's September.
This week is going to be a doozy: I'm doing to traveling for work, Eric's got a big game on Friday, and we have some special visitors coming in town this weekend that I am so excited about! It should be a fun one!
No comments:
Post a Comment