Let's start from the beginning though, shall we? I was somewhat dreading the football game on Friday night because it was supposed to be super windy and quite chilly, but I am proud to say we made it through, with a win no less! It was a rough one and I can pinpoint the exact moment I knew it was going to be a rough one. It was when Eric walked by me on his way to the field house after their pregame warm ups and told me they were going to kill the other team that night....facepalm. I didn't say it, but the superstitious former athlete in me began to panic. I didn't have any wood on hand to knock on so I brushed it off hoping that maybe he didn't say it loud enough to jinx it. But he did. The game ended up being a pretty tight one but we won 20-14 putting us in 1st place in our region going into the playoffs! It also means we get to play our first round play off game at home this week!
Friday was also Senior Night at the game and THS has a neat tradition where student athletes select a coach or teacher to walk them out on the field to their parents when they are announced. One of Eric's defensive linemen chose him to walk him out. This kid has meant a lot to Eric over the past 4 years and it was neat to get to see Eric walk him out that night.
I am proud to say I made it through the game with just 3 layers on. I am also 100% on board with wearing long johns to stay warm and will be sporting them again for sure this Friday.
Because of the cold front that rolled in Friday night and stayed most of the weekend. I spent most of Saturday curled up on the couch under a blanket watching football. Eric braved the wind to hunt for a little while Saturday morning and watched some football outside that afternoon. He finally came to his senses before the Auburn game started that night and came inside.
Space heater-check. Warm toboggan-check. Nap in your favorite outdoor recliner with a football game playing in the backgroud-priceless.
I spent most of Sunday getting ready for our company because we finally got to meet our nephew this weekend! My BIL and SIL came up for a few days so we got to spend some time with them. Of course that also meant we've had a houseful of folks every night since them of people coming over to see them and le bebe. But it was a lot of fun and we capped off their visit last night with an early birthday party for my BIL with all of Eric's family.
Between their visit and the time change I am still trying to get my days in order. I realized yesterday and this time change is going to affect me a little more this year than it has in the past 3 years. Basketball has always been a nice distraction from the early darkness that's going to be the norm for a while. For some reason it doesn't bother me to get out of basketball practice and have it be dark outside, but let it get dark less than an hour after I get home from work and I start going crazy. The time change was actually one of the main reasons I started working earlier hours after I moved out of Montgomery. I could not handle leaving work after the sun went down and getting home to complete darkness. It's now going to be a race to get home, get changed and take the boys on a walk before it gets too dark, and I told Eric we're going to have to start running at the football field because I no longer have time to walk the dogs and run before it gets dark. =( Stupid daylight savings time. Can we vote to just forget about it from now on? Well after we switch back in the spring. Please?!


No comments:
Post a Comment