I had some veggies from the garden that needed some attention before they went bad, so I did some canning on Saturday afternoon. I did my favorite Refrigerator Dill Pickles, Eric's favorite pickled okra, and tried out a new recipe for pickled banana peppers. I'll let you know how the latter two turn out in a month or so.
The fruits...or should I say vegetables of my labor! All from our backyard garden!
I occupied my evenings with movies: Sisters, Inside Out, and Paper Towns. All great movies....what I didn't expect though was for inside out to make me tear up! I know it's a kids movie, but wow it had some stuff in there that really tugs at your heart strings!
L to R: 1) My finger doubled as a fantastic pacifier for Beau taking a nap. 2) Friday night dinner of Champions! 3) My poor sweet Hawk not feeling so hot.
Beau did his best to keep us all entertained, which was not hard to do. That baby is a hot mess! He had me laughing all weekend. I did learn that he has a very low tolerance for sleeping in. I didn't put a movie on until after 9PM on Friday because I didn't want to be a lame-o who went to bed at 10 on a Friday, so I ended up eventually drifting off to sleep around midnight and turned off my alarm. Little did I know that a small brown alarm would be sounding at his usual morning going outside time: 6AM. Of course after he came in, he wanted to eat, and then he wanted to play! Hawk and Peanut shared my sentiments of wanting to go back to sleep so the three of us vegged on the couch for another couple of hours while Beau transported nearly the entire contents of the toy basket to the dog bed in the living room....
King Beau and his loyal subjects
We capped off our Sunday evening with BLTs (BLPs for me!) and watch the Olympic Trials! I can't believe that the Olympics is just a few weeks away! I can't wait!
Here's to a cleaner, less stressful week!


No comments:
Post a Comment