Since Eric was duck hunting all weekend I had plenty of time to finish up the rest of the presents I had to make and wrap them, get a head start on my cooking for Monday, and was able to clean up finally. Last week was CRAZY. I had 4 basketball games plus we had Eric's football banquet which meant I was not home at all last week so the house was a bit tornado-esque.
On top of that I finally caught the sickness that has been going around, which causes my voice to sound like a scary man, especially first thing in the morning. I can handle it in it's current state and I am hoping that this is the worst of it. What a way to kick off my 9 day vacation from work....woo.
I did manage to have a little fun this weekend at a Tacky Christmas/Birthday Party for one of Eric's best friends. It was crazy fun!
Sunday night I was spent so Eric and I ventured out to get something to eat. Unfortunately in the small town we live in the ONLY places that were open were fast food which neither of us were feeling, so stopped by the grocery store to get something to eat. Big mistake. Not only were we both hungry, but we also had no idea what we wanted to eat. We ended up with stuff to make BBQ nachos, mozzarella cheese sticks (which were NOT worth what they charge for them), and a deep dish Chicago style pizza. Eclectic, but delicious! And it paired very well with the Christmas movies we watched while we ate. =)
Now all we have to hope for is that this crazy stormy weather does not get too bad. Our power got knocked out last night apparently (in my Nyquiled state I had no idea it went out until I woke up about at about 8--did I mention I LOVE vacation?). I am getting excited about Christmas and I can't wait for this afternoon!
Merry Christmas Eve!


No comments:
Post a Comment