Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Weekend Recap

This past weekend I actually had  free weekend. *GASP* Shocking I know.  Our basketball team bowed out of a single elimination tournament on Thursday which meant we had a free Friday and Saturday on my hands for the first time since in a couple of months, and only the second free Friday/Saturday since the beginning of August.  Oh the lives of coaches.

Friday was my work Christmas Party that I was partly in charge of putting on.  It was a BLAST as usual.  We had great food, good company, and a lot of fun!  Co-workers + Minute to Win It Games = Tons and Tons of Laughs!

My sweatshirt made another appearance for the party.

Friday night we did Hibachi with friends.  I am pretty much convinced that everything is better with Yum Yum sauce on it. =)

Saturday my incapable-of-making-plans-more-than-a-couple-of-days-in-advance husband decided we'd have a "game night" at the house with some of our friends.  We had deer burgers and a ton of delicious goodies to eat (of course!).

I had every intention of taking pictures of all of the goodies, that is until I became the dog whisperer yet again. Last weekend I caught 3 of my neighbors' dogs and put them back in their yards after they escaped. This weekend it was a sweet black lab puppy who had broken the phone cord that someone had used to tie him up outside who showed up in our carport on Saturday afternoon.  I was not planning on catching him, that was until I saw he had a collar and assumed he had a tag.  Wrong answer. No tag, but he was intent on following me around after that.  I walked him down the street to knock on doors to see if he belonged to anyone.  I had never seen him before but I thought maybe someone had just gotten him. No luck.  I took him inside and posted a picture of him on facebook hoping we'd get a call from someone looking for him.  No such luck.  After fostering him for 2 days and nights we took him to a friend's house (we already have 4 fur babies and could not keep him) and put him in the guy's outside kennel Monday morning. I called all of the vets and animal shelters in town to see if anyone had called about a missing lab and none of them had heard anything.  About noon Eric called to tell me the puppy escaped from the kennel.  I was so sad.  I guess I see now why he was on the loose to start with.  I just wish we could have found his owner.  I am still hoping he will go back to the kennel we put him in because the guy said he would keep him.....at least we tried.

Sweet Puppy
Sunday evening I spent making Christmas Crack (as my co-workers affectionately call it)...it's also known as Christmas Crunch.  It's a recipe my mom got from a friend years ago and it quickly turned into a family favorite. A few years ago I decided to make some of my co-workers and the guys that Eric works with for Christmas, and I have made it every years since.  I knew it was time to start making it last week when Eric told me the guys he works with had been asking about it for a couple of weeks. Since I have to make such a large amount I usually pick a weekend and make 4-5 batches to get it all done at once. I impressed myself and had 30 bags done in about 2 hours.
The recipe might appear right here tomorrow!

I got to finish my weekend off with basketball practice because we have 4, yes 4 basketball games this week: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday.  Needless today I will be running around like a crazy person and getting waaaaaay too little sleep.  Thank goodness I am off the ENTIRE week next week!  I am going to need it!

No comments: