Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekend Recap: Getting Closer to Christmas!

Another weekend down and one more week closer to Christmas! We had a jam-packed weekend full of basketball games for me--one on Friday AND one on Saturday--and fishing for Eric--it was 75 outside all weekend and he was not missing out on the opportunity to fish.

After the game Friday we went bowling for one of our friend's birthday. It was a late night but so much fun!  And I BEAT Eric.  It's true.  He won the first game (although I had him on the ropes and choked in the 10th frame), I won the second, and when our game shut off in the 4th frame of the 3rd game I was up by four, and we both bowled a spare, so I think it's only fitting to say I won....and yes I have photographic evidence.

I'm the 3rd one down (the 1st B) and Eric is BE just below me.  
After our [away] game on Saturday I high-tailed it home to get in my tacky Christmas attire for a Tacky Christmas Party with some of our friends.  It was a blast! The food was amazing, and Dirty Santa was a classic.  I ended up with an extension cord and Eric ended up with an old school lunch box filled with baseball cards and an Alabama sunglasses cloth.  The best part of the night though?  The girls beating the boys in a Battle of the Sexes game of Celebrity 121-119.  All of them had some hurt feelings and egos once they realized we'd beat them. =)


There was plenty of tackiness to go around.  Neither of us had a tacky Christmas sweater, so I decided to make sweatshirts for us.  They turned out adorable.  Eric really got into it and insisted on wearing sweatpants and candy cane striped socks with slippers.  He also added a hounds tooth ribbon headband right before we walked out the door.....such a fashion-ista.


Sunday was my lazy catch-up day. I went to church, cleaned, and even got a start on my present wrapping.  While I worked the puppy dogs did the adorable thing.  Is there anything more precious than puppy dogs cuddling?!


We finished up the weekend watching ABC Family Christmas movies...I knew it was a long shot getting Eric to watch them with me, but he did!  I was a such a happy girl!

And the icing on the cake this weekend?  This little gem that I found in the back of the freezer!!!  I always put a box away for the summer time but I completely forgot about these babies!  I may or may not have eaten half a sleeve in 2 minutes.  I just can't help it!  I LOVE Thin Mints!


I've got a busy week ahead of me: at least 2 basketball games (single elimination tournament this weekend with a potential for 2 additional games), 2 work Christmas parties (one of which I'm 1/2 in charge of), and I am going to attempt to finish up my Christmas shopping....I have to since we have 4 GAMES next week and I will have ZERO time to do it then.  Wish me luck! Hopefully I will still be vertical by the end of the week!

No comments: