Friday, May 2, 2014

High Five for Friday

Apparently the secret to quick work weeks is a four day work week, plus only having to be in the office 3 of those days.  Can I have another, please?  Let's get to it.
1.

If I could have swapped my week next week for this past week that would have been great because next week is recital week!  The culmination of 8 months of hard work with our girls is coming to an end.  Last night we had our last in-studio rehearsal, next week will be dress rehearsal, and Saturday is showtime!  It may sound crazy but I still get really excited and anxious before the shows start.  You'd think that since I'm not dancing I wouldn't care, but I do!

2.

I had a little Target shopping to do yesterday afternoon so I stopped by after work to tackle my list.  Right before I checked out I pulled up my Cartwheel App on my phone which I have had downloaded for several months but have never used at the store.  I scanned all of the items in my cart and nearly everything I had in it had a 5-10% discount coupon that I could apply toward my purchase. I realize that 10% on a $1.89 box of tooth picks isn't a whole lot, but it's better than nothing.  I think I ended up with $4-$5 in savings from the app, plus the $5 off laundry supplies mobile coupon I texted for while I was in the store, which was not too shabby.  It was enough to justify purchasing the black and white striped flats I found on clearance. =)  Now if I can just remember to use it while I'm there!

3.

We did some pizza experimentation this week. When we were at the beach last weekend we had a BBQ chicken pizza from a pizza place called Rotolo's that had cheddar cheese on it.  I am not a mozzarella cheese purist when it comes to pizzas obviously, but the thought of putting cheddar on a pizza never really occurred to me.  Long story short...it was amazing and we will most likely be recreating it tonight for dinner.  I wanted to try one earlier in the week that did not involve defrosting and cooking chicken so I decided to recreate their "Sweep the Floor" Pizza: pepperoni, bacon, cheddar, feta, and Parmesan with traditional pizza sauce. Oh my was it good.  Not necessarily a combination I would have put together on my own, but I make it again.  The moral of this story is next time you make a pizza, put cheddar on it, and bacon...because bacon makes everything better. The end.

4.
My LDL isn't actually 0, but it was lower than their machine would calculate. Based on my other numbers, an online LDL calculator told me it was somewhere around 49 mg/dl.  The nurse told me I should hang my screening form on the fridge because it was an A+...lol
Luckily all of that pizza isn't wreaking havoc on my health as I found out today.  I did my annual health screening at work, which is the closest thing I get to a regular doctors checkup every year.  =) If it weren't for this work requirement for my insurance I would be completely clueless on my health stats.  Since I studied health in college this kind of stuff has always intrigued me, and it's nice knowing where I stand. I will admit those cholesterol medicine commercials with the perfectly healthy people that crash and burn when they show their cholesterol levels have always freaked me out.  Eric and I eat healthy most of the time (we like the occasional homemade pizza and allow ourselves a splurge on the weekends) and we're both very active, but you just never know. My screening is just a little reassurance that I'm ok (at least my arteries are).

5.
I thought I could think of a #5 but I got nuthin', so we'll go with this:
via
EDIT:  I came across a #5 this afternoon....Girl Meets World has an official release date!!!  Don't bother trying to reach me on June 27 at 8:45pm.  I will be enjoying the company of some of my favorite tv characters that I grew up with. =)





No comments: