#1
Softball started up this week for me (I had to miss last week's game because of the recital). I spent Monday afternoon getting all of my stuff together that I had not touched since last summer. We'd just settled down to watch some SVU when Eric got a call at 7:30 from one of our teammates asking where we were. He'd told me our next game was Tuesday at 7:30, but apparently he was mistaken. After a couple of minutes of asking our teammate if he was joking another one of our teammates got on the phone and we realized this was real life. We were in the car on our way to the field about 30 seconds later and made it across town just as our team was coming up to bat in the bottom of the 1st. I still can't believe we made it. I was the 3rd batter and made it just in time to step up to the plate and hit a single over 2nd base. For the record we checked Eric's phone on the way to the game and the text clearly said we played Monday at 7:30. Thankfully I am now in possession of a schedule and reminded our teammates that any correspondence about times and dates needs to come to me, and not Eric. I love him to death but the boy can't remember dates (unless they have to do with fishing or hunting) to save his life.
#2
![]() |
| I call this a NOPE tree. |
#3
![]() |
| Ice Cream...it does a body good. |
Since it was a rainy day and Eric could not go fishing after practice, we had ourselves a date night. The plan was to go eat at Bonefish Grill (one of our favorite places) and then go to see The Neighbors. I checked the movie times the day before and saw a 7pm show and a 9pm show. Having to drain the pool put us back about 30 minutes which meant we definitely were not going to be able to catch the 7pm show. On a whim I decided to check the movie times right before we pulled up at the restaurant and found they had added an 8pm movie and moved the 9pm show to 9:30pm. I assured Eric we could get in and out of Bonefish in less than an hour and have no trouble catching the 8pm show....I knew for a fact I would not make it through the 9:30 show. We got right in and within 10 minutes had our bread and Bang Bang Shrimp, but that's when the efficiency ended. I didn't think much about it was 7:40 until the guy beside us who came in about 15 minutes after us got his food. I told Eric that the crash we'd heard in the kitchen a little while earlier had to have been our food and I was right. 10 minutes later a manager came out and told us my tuna had been dropped on the floor as they were bringing it out, one the one night we had to get out of there quickly. By the time we left it was a little after 8, and we decided to table the movie for another night....on the bright side they comped some of our meal and we went to get ice cream cones on the way home instead so the night still turned out pretty sweet!
#4
We've had some visitors in our house this past week. I saw a mouse scurry across the floor last weekend. When I told Eric he said it was no big deal, we live in the country and mice are just part of it. While I was not thrilled with his response, as long as I did not see it or his poops I was going to assume he'd gone back out the way he came in. That is until I started finding evidence that he was crawling around the kitchen counters helping himself to whatever he could find. After finding a chip bag with a hole in it I decided it was time for him to go. I stopped by the store yesterday and bought some mouse traps. And by 9:00pm last night our house was mouseless. I was sitting in the living room and heard a pop, but made Eric check it when he got home because I had no desire to see it. Of course he took the liberty of taking a picture and sending it to me on my phone before he disposed of it. Who knew that catching a mouse in a trap could bring someone so much joy.
#5
We're getting a little taste of fall this evening as THS plays in their spring football jamboree. I will be in the stands cheering them on in some delightfully fall-like weather. Usually I am all excited about football but this year it seems more of an afterthought. I need to get through some summer time before I start thinking about fall again!
Happy Friday!


No comments:
Post a Comment