1
First things fist, I want to wish a very special puppy a Happy 7th Birthday! That's right, our Lil" Peanut turns 7 today! I can't believe it. Despite his opinionated, strong willed attitude, I love that sweet little munchkin dog so much!
2
This week I finally felt like I fell back into some sort of a routine. I got a workout in all 4 days after work, made dinner 3 nights this week (and will be sharing the recipes next week-they were sooo good!), and even managed to get a walk in with the boys every night this week, despite the heat and humidity. It has been awful here with no end in sight. Don't get me wrong, I love summer and I am so thankful that we have a pool in our backyard that we are able to cool off in whenever we want, but is it too much to ask for a little breeze in the evenings? I felt a slight one last night and it was glorious, but way to short lived.
3
With the hot temperatures, our puppy walks have been pushed back later and later--Thank goodness for extra daylight! I actually walked them at 8pm the other night and it was no cooler then than it was an hour before. The temps have also caused us to cut our walks short. When it's nice I can get at least a lap and a half out of the boys, but when it's like it is now, we barely make it a lap. Hollow can go for days outside (I think his youth and history have something to do with that), but Hawk and Peanut are getting older and poor little Peanut has long hair, so when he gets hot and tired he finds a grassy spot in the shade and lays down. If I try to pull him he rolls on his side so it looks like I am dragging him (told ya he was strong willed). But I found the solution last night! He needed a bath so I gave him a quick one in the pool shortly before we set out and that little stinker made it almost 2 laps and was running up the hill at the end while the other two were dragging. Looks like pre-walk evening dips in the pool are going to become the norm at our house.
4
A new pizza crust made it's way into our house this week...called Naan...and it's probably going to stick around for a while. It's probably the best pre-made crust I've had. It's basically the South Asian equivalent of pita bread, but it's lighter than pita bread which is why I like it so much and why Eric gave it two thumbs up. It's definitely going to be my go-to crust when I don't have time to make crust from scratch. I topped it with the contents of our refrigerator which amounted to a Mediterranean flavor and was made up of leftover homemade Papa John Pizza Sauce, goat cheese, cherry tomatoes, chicken that had been marinating in the fridge for 3 days, kalamata olives, bacon, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, parmesam cheese, and Penzey's Pizza Seasoning. It was delish! It had been a few weeks since we'd made pizzas and I didn't realize how much I missed it!
5
Speaking about missing things....last weekend we missed a family reunion. I hated that we missed it, but because of my D.C. work trip we weren't able to to go. According to the pictures we missed a great time! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family who I adore getting together with!If you need me this weekend you'll find me by the pool doing my best to stay cool and get a suntan while I'm at it.
Happy Friday!



No comments:
Post a Comment