Thursday, December 18, 2014

Our Halls are Decked!

My favorite view of the Christmas Tree of course!

I'm most definitely a traditionalist when it comes to our Christmas decorations.  While I love seeing the new different colored and themed trees, I prefer my real Christmas Tree with all of our ornaments that we've collected over the years on it. We have a silver star that's sat on top of our tree since I was in college but I've wanted something that stands out a little more for years.  This year I decided to add a big bow on top of the tree (in addition to the star of course because the start HAS to go on top). I attempted to wrap the tree with ribbon, but it looked ridiculous so I scrapped that idea.  I guess I did it wrong....who knows.  Other than that our Christmas decorations were pretty standard for us.



I did pull out all of my nutcrackers again this year.  I've posted about it before, but I have a ridonkulous collection of nutcrackers.  I think I counted over 40 one time, but who knows.  It's always a challenge every year to figure out where to put them so they are visible but out of the reach of a certain chocolate lab's super destructive tail that always wags when there is something to be knocked over. Who am I kidding that tail is always going which is the reason there are only coasters and magazines on our coffee table.

Our pretty front door

Another addition I made this year was sewing our names to our stockings. "Wait, didn't you already have your names on your stockings?" Why yes I cross stitched our names for our stockings the year we got engaged, however for the past 5 Christmases our names were pinned to said stockings. As an avid crafter, I am completely ashamed to admit it, but it's true.  I folded the fabric up and pinned them on, with safety pins no less. When my parents were here over Thanksgiving helping me decorate, Mom mentioned it so I decided it was time to make our names on our stockings permanent and stitch those bad boys on.  I got about halfway done with Eric's stocking and remembered why after stitching our names, I put my needle and thread up for 5 years....it might be one of the most tedious things I have ever done in my life.  I'm not even doing intricate patterns this time around, just sewing a big square around our names to attach them to the stockings. I started the weekend after Thanksgiving, and nearly 3 weeks later I'm about 80% done. I am hoping that maybe by Christmas they'll both be complete. We'll see.

Yes I am aware that our stocking are in fact mittens and not socks, but I found them several years ago and I thought they were the cutest things I had ever seen, plus there's no toe part for stuffers to get stuck in.

No worries the tree has been Peanut approved for hiding gingerbread man dog treats!

No comments: