Thursday, January 8, 2015

Fuh-Reezing

I think it's safe to say that it is freezing outside right now in most places. I know all of my northern dwelling relatives will laugh at our measly temps in the teens while they suffer in the negative digits without factoring in the windchill. But I am pretty sure it's about as cold as I can recall it being down here since I've lived in Alabama, and Alabamians just aren't equipped to handle this crazy cold.  I am not sure if it's related to the cold but I work in a building with 9 elevators and there were only 3 working this morning.  I get to work before most of the rush and am used to having an elevator to myself so you can imagine my shock of having to wait several minutes for an elevator, not to mention cramming into an elevator with 10 other people is not something I am accustomed to that early in the morning. Mainly because I don't drink my coffee until I get into the office and polite smiles and small talk are very difficult before coffee as all coffee drinkers know.  The crowded ride did provide some entertainment; particularly the woman who was completely bundled from head to toe who voiced her opinion about how crazy it was that we had to come to work in the cold this morning.  I wanted to tell her that people do this every winter for months in even colder temperatures, but again I had not had my coffee at this point so forming words was not in the cards for me.

Eric on the other hand decided this morning would be a great morning to duck hunt (I told him he was nuts). Thankfully he left Hawk at home because it would be way to cold for him to go pick them up in the water. However that left me with AM doggie duty and they were pretty oblivious to the cold. And I'm not saying they have me trained or anything but we didn't miss our walk yesterday afternoon.  I bundled up as soon as I got home and off we went.


The things I do for those two...I did have to thank them for getting me outside to see the beautiful sunset.


Happy Thursday and Stay Warm!

No comments: