Nothing says welcome back from a beautiful relaxing 3 days weekend like forgetting your office keys and having to sit outside your office waiting for your Bureau Director to arrive so they can come unlock your office door first thing in the morning. I guess I'm still not used to having a door that needs unlocking every morning. I ALWAYS have my keys on me because they stay with my car keys, however, Eric and I switched vehicles this morning, resulting in my lack of keys and this view for a good 15 minutes this morning.

So about that amazingly beautiful weekend that I am really wishing was still going on....have I mentioned how nice it was? Because it was gorgeous! After an entire week of cloudy coldness down here we had 3 days of beautiful sunshine. We didn't really have much planned for the 3 days weekend so we just rolled with the punches. Saturday morning I got up and got a quick run in on the treadmill. Eric and I have been playing Biggest Loser since the New Year (we had a little too much fun around the holidays this year), so I've been working runs and workouts into my weekend routine lately and it's been great! We spent the afternoon hanging around the house while he cooked up a storm on the Big Green Egg. Note to anyone sent to the store to buy meat that has no idea what they're doing (i.e ME): If you husband sends you to get a brisket, know that there are 2 options: an actual brisket and a brisket flat. I did not know there was a difference, bought a brisket flat because that was the only meat in the store that said brisket on it and was given a hard time all weekend about it. It cooked, just the same and was delicious. The best part is it was half the size of an actual brisket (apparently) and we don't have a ridiculous amount of leftovers.
Saturday night we got to go to a little get-together that was part of a Wounded Warriors hunt in our part of the world. It was a lot of fun with live, music, food, and of course a few heroes. There were several of them there in attendance and they all seemed to enjoy the fun.
 |
| Left: The Heros; Right: The oh-so-talented Kevin Adair who played at the party. |
We didn't get a long time to recover from it because Sunday morning was D-Day (Discharge Day) for Eric's Dad. We brought him home and got him all set up at his house. He is doing much better, but it just really weak from his ordeal in the hospital. I know that just being home is going to help his spirits and hopefully get him motivated to get better. If anything, knowing that the spring/prime fishing time is near should get him motivated.
.jpg) |
| We could not have asked for more perfect walking weather! |
I was off yesterday for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. I had plans to stay at home and do nothing, but then I remembered Eric's birthday is this week and I needed to pick up a few things in preparation for that so I headed to Montgomery to knock those errands out. The rest of my afternoon was spent walking puppy dogs outside and playing with my new camera. I don't have a lot of human subjects to photograph so get ready for an onslaught of puppy pictures.
 |
| I didn't realize how gray he has gotten until I was looking at this picture. |
 |
| This knuckle head on the other hand is only 3 months younger than his brother and doesn't show any signs on gray yet. |
 |
| The many faces of Hawk. This goofball doesn't know how to sit still. |
This week is going to be a bit of a doozy, but hopefully that will help it go be fast because those first 2 weeks back from Christmas were the longest weeks of my life!
 |
| Best buds. =) |
Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment