Another Christmas season is officially in the books. Today is back to the grind, back to the real world, back to not wearing jeans or workout pants every day, and back to wearing heels [honestly those last two are probably my least favorite part]. I actually had to go through my closet and pull out my dress pants because it's been so long since I've worn them. But you do what you have to do, right?
 |
| Post workout puppy snuggles are the best, aren't they!? |
Since we were just coming off an extra day off with New Years last week, this weekend felt a little out of sorts. All of the normal things I would have done on the weekend were pretty much done, so I was able to do whatever I wanted. Eric fished (what else?) in the mornings so I was left to my own devices. I managed to fill my time with extra long puppy dog walks and runs on the treadmill. We grilled out some delicious steaks Saturday night along with some sides perfectly seasoned with
Penzey's spices, and took some of the leftovers to the hospital to visit Eric's Dad on Sunday. He is doing much better. He is still there to do some physical therapy for a couple of weeks so he can get around by himself when he gets back home.
We're bracing for a taste of polar vortex this week and I'm excited! No snow chances in the forecast, but lots of winter cold! I pulled out all of my sweaters last night and plan on plowing through ALL of them this week. Call me crazy, but I love when the forecast in January actually calls for winter weather down here. I guess it's the Midwestern girl in me.
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment