Friday, February 27, 2015

High Five for Friday

As of today I have officially made it through an entire week in my 30s unscathed.  This third decade of my life thing is shaping up to be a piece of cake....I'll let you know how it all turns out in 10 years or so. =) For now I will leave you with my Friday 5.
1. The Dress
There's been quite a stir over the internet the past 18 hours over the color of this dress....what do you think?  Is it white and gold or blue and black?
via
I am declaring the dress white and gold, even though the person who uploaded the photo has since uploaded pictures to prove that it is indeed blue and black. White and gold forever and ever Amen. Update: I have come to the conclusion if you look at the dress like you would look at a Magic Eye picture it does look blue and black.

2. Ice Cream Face
I've mentioned before how much Hawk loves ice cream...he get's it from his Mama. I sat down for a little late night treat last night and had a feeling I was being watched.....

How could I not share with that sweet face?!  He always makes sure to be right next to me so he's available to clean out my bowl when I am done.

3. Shake that Tambourine

We are 1 week away from the start of our dance competition season and I am stoked!  We're having a "dress rehearsal" tomorrow morning and I feel like a dance mom trying to make sure all of the last minute details  are done.  My goal today?  Finish the tambourine for one of my dancers' solos to Rollin' on the River.  Anyone have any tips on how to get a shiny tablecloth to stick to spray painted Styrofoam?  I am trying Mod Podge and hoping for the best.

4. The Bit

My parents gifted me a FitBit for my birthday this year and it is the best!  I have become slightly obsessed with hitting 10,000 steps a day.  I was looking at my steps over the past week and realized that I get in 80% of my steps after 3:30pm (when I leave work). I knew I had a sedentary job but geeez!  I can now literally see how people gain weight working a desk job. If it weren't for dog walking and working out at night I might not clear 5,000 steps a day.  Hopefully the weather will warm up and dry up so I can get back to afternoon walks at work.  I'm not saying I am not super competitive about "winning" against my FitBit but I had 9,200 steps the other night so walked around the house for about 5 minutes so I could hit my 10,000. Eric told me that was cheating.  I told him cheating would be shaking my arm up and down to hit 10,000, as long as I am walking I'm good!

5. Donut You want to be my Friend?

I had to walk to the bank this morning in 35 degreee (but sunny!) weather so I rewarded myself and my friends with a box of sunshine and smiles because it's Friday and that's how I roll!

No comments: