Thursday, February 26, 2015

We Know How to Party

There are some days at work when I feel like I just want to throw in the towel and head to the house, but I don't because we have bills, and a mortgage, and we like to go on ski trips like the one we went on last weekend.  So when I feel like my head will explode if I get one more email, I turn to my WBFFS (Work BFFS - although we totally do things outside of the office).  I have been truly blessed to have a small group of friends who I can confide in, complain to, and celebrate with at the office which is extremely important considering how much time we spend there every week.  We keep each other sane when we're at our wits end and in my humble opinion, we're a pretty fun group to hang around with.

One thing that we always make sure to do is celebrate the milestones in each others lives: weddings, babies, and of course birthdays! Since I was at a conference on Friday (my actual birthday) and out the following Monday I was not expecting much birthday celebrating, so you can imagine my surprise when I walked into my office and saw a Speed Limit 30 sign on my door.  I had a moment of panic as I had a flashback the previous year when one of the girls came back from her Honeymoon and we saran wrapped her desk/office supplies and filled her office with balloons.  Thankfully I did not have to dig out or unwrap my desk, but I did have a tent of caution tape and birthday signs galore.  And then to top it off they all surprised me with a birthday cake and we all had a mid-morning cake break at 9am because that's how we roll.





For the record, 30 has been pretty good to me so far.  To be honest, aside from feeling much more intelligent and wiser than I did a week ago (HA), it doesn't feel any different than 29. =)


No comments: