Today marks the end of a hugely monumental time in my life...the end of my 20s. As of today I have officially crossed over to the dark side (and hopefully not the grayer side) known as my 30s. I've been somewhat apprehensive about my upcoming birthday, but the closer it gets the more comfortable I am with it. And then I think, shouldn't I have myself a little more together at this age? Because I don't feel I'm much more mature than I was back in college.
I've been at a training all week for work--what a way to ring in your 30s, right?--and got a slap in the face when talking with a new coworker who mentioned she was born in the 90s. It took everything I had not let the shock show on my face and hold back the OMGness you were born in the 90s comment slip out because it finally hit me....I am no longer the young one there. I am the experienced one now...I am someone's boss for crying out loud, yet a lot of the time I still feel like that lost 22 year old wondering how the heck I was going to sit at a desk for 8 hours a day like an adult. Side note: I still have not figured that one out yet. =)This decade has been wonderful to me: I met Eric; graduated from college; lived on my own for the first time; became a dog mom; got a big girl job; ran a 10 mile race; got married; we bought a house; I became an aunt; found my way back to tap dancing; traveled some amazing places: London, Jamaica, Maine, New Mexico, Colorado, Chicago, the U.P., etc; made some amazing, lifelong friends; and learned a thing or two along the way.
I've been at a training all week for work--what a way to ring in your 30s, right?--and got a slap in the face when talking with a new coworker who mentioned she was born in the 90s. It took everything I had not let the shock show on my face and hold back the OMGness you were born in the 90s comment slip out because it finally hit me....I am no longer the young one there. I am the experienced one now...I am someone's boss for crying out loud, yet a lot of the time I still feel like that lost 22 year old wondering how the heck I was going to sit at a desk for 8 hours a day like an adult. Side note: I still have not figured that one out yet. =)This decade has been wonderful to me: I met Eric; graduated from college; lived on my own for the first time; became a dog mom; got a big girl job; ran a 10 mile race; got married; we bought a house; I became an aunt; found my way back to tap dancing; traveled some amazing places: London, Jamaica, Maine, New Mexico, Colorado, Chicago, the U.P., etc; made some amazing, lifelong friends; and learned a thing or two along the way.
I am so agree grateful for all of the wonderful things the past decade brought my way and I cannot wait to see what the next 10 years holds! So BRING IT 30....I'm ready for you!


No comments:
Post a Comment