First of all it was absolutely beautiful here...like break out the shorts and short-sleeves and see if you can spend all day outside and start thinking about when you can uncover the pool kind of beautiful...ok 60s might be a little chilly for pool weather but I caught myself looking at that big blue cover thinking it sure would be nice to have it open soon.
I got to enjoy some of the beautiful weather, but the majority of my weekend was spent in an auditorium watching our dancers compete in the Inspire National Dance Competition. Our girls did great in their first competition of the season. We had 3 high golds, 3 platinums, and 3 platinum elites for our scores, and in our division we received a 1st overall for one of our group numbers. Our soloists received a 1st overall, 2nd overall, 4th overall, and 8th overall in their age groups. On top of that our girls received 2 judges awards, one soloist received the Best Personality award, and one of our group numbers received the Best Showmanship award. Not too shabby for our first time out this season. I can't wait for the next one!
The end of one of our group numbers.
This chaos is what it looks like between the end of the competition session and awards. This was just one of the solo sessions....the stage was completely packed out during the group number awards.
Since I was at the competition all day Saturday and 1/2 of Sunday, Eric had to find something to do with his time. Lucky for him it was prime fishing weather and he took full advantage of it. Some women joke about hunting widows, I consider myself more of a fishing widow. He went fishing Friday morning, Saturday morning, Sunday morning, Sunday afternoon, and again this morning. I can't complain though, he's pretty good at it.
The boy knows how to catch a crappie!
As for the pups, they got to enjoy most of the weekend. We made sure to get them outside as much as we could. The end of last week got a little crazy (but so much fun!) with family in town for a couple of days and the insane cold snap we had on Thursday so their walks were non-existent for a few days. Peanut paid us back for not walking him by rolling in fish guts 3 days in a row. When he did it Friday Eric decided to get rid of the guts that had been in a bucket in the backyard since NEW YEARS, unfortunately he dropped some and Peanut found them on Saturday AND on Sunday. This resulted in baths for him all 3 days. He got 2 on Saturday because Eric tried bathing him in the sink with AXE body spray so when I got home Saturday night, Peanut smelled like fish guts AND a teenage boy. I promise it smelled even worse than you are imagining right now.
You'd think as much as he hates baths he would learn his lesson....
Hawk of course just rolled with the punches and slyly begged for ice cream last night before bed.
He is most certainly NOT asleep...just pretending so that he can be extra close to me to lick the bowl when I finish my ice cream.
I am ready to get back into a normal flow this week, but with an extra hour of daylight in the evenings so I can possibly start pulling the field of weeds that has taken over my flowerbeds and maybe even squeeze in an outside run! The possibilities are endless!





No comments:
Post a Comment