We kept it simple and lazy on Friday night. Eric was going turkey hunting early Saturday so Friday was basically shenanigan-less. I had big plans to grill flat bread pizzas and I still do because I decided on a whim after looking through the week's grocery ads that we were going to have tuna steaks for dinner. The result was one of the prettiest (and delicious) meals I have ever made. It was shockingly simple and I can't wait to make it again! I am so ready for Eric to go on a tuna trip with his brother this summer so they can bring back some super fresh tuna steaks! This might be the first time I will tell him he better go catch some fish!
I was super proud of this gorgeous plate of food. I used this recipe for both the tuna steaks and the dressing.
The rest of our weekend consisted of taking in a little league baseball game, eating fresh oysters (Eric not me), hanging out at a crawfish boil (once again, Eric ate them I didn't), a fun Saturday evening with friends, sleeping in on Sunday, a little house cleaning out, a quick run, puppy dog walks, Sunday dinner with friends, and lots and lots of basketball. I don't even want to think about how terrible my brackets are this year. It makes me want to cry. On the upside, there have been some very exciting games, so I can at least enjoy the games while they are going on.
This week is going to be jampacked and lots of fun! I am so excited about it! I just hope that my excitement doesn't make it last twice as long, but hey it's already Tuesday so I must be doing something right!


No comments:
Post a Comment