Monday, April 6, 2015

Spring Breaking Part 2

After a wonderful week of family and fun I can say I am definitely refreshed. I may not be a teacher or be in school anymore but I still crave a get-a-way toward the end of March when it starts to get warm and you start to see green buds on the trees and flowers. And somehow it always seems to work out so that we can squeeze in a little R&R this time of year (according to Timehop anyway). This past week was actually so full of goodness that I am going to have to break this up into a couple of posts.

A few snapshots of the fun we had last weekend!

Let's start all the way back with LAST weekend.  We started off deliciously with fish tacos a la Eric for dinner. I am sure this is going to happen again because they were amazing.  We took it easy on Friday night because Saturday was jam packed. We were both up early to go visit his Dad.  He was in the hospital for another staph infection.  It seems like every time he gets better, he has something else pop up. He is doing better but still needs lots of prayers for a complete recovery. We went our separate ways after the visit.  Eric came home to do some fishing and I headed downtown for a dance competition. This one was extra special because a very special person was in the audience to watch our girls....my Mom! She drove in to meet me and spent the whole day with me watching.  She's a saint I tell ya! The girls did great!  We had several Platinums and all but 2 of our dances won overall awards!  It was a very successful competition.

As soon as our girls finished the last of their group numbers I grabbed my bag and flew (well drove) home as fast as I could (mom came too) because we had some very special guests arriving for the night.  My aunt and uncle and one of my cousins from Chicago were on their way down to the beach for spring break and spent the night with us on their way down. We cooked out (of course) and caught up on everything under the sun. They headed on to the beach the next morning to get their vacation started. Mom and I pudded around the house and then decided we needed to do some shopping, so we went to Ollie's Bargain Outlet. She went to one a few weeks ago in IN and realized there was one close to me so we went to check it out.  We got some amazing deals, my favorite of which is my Roto Tiller. I have found myself going to buy flowers to plant just so I can use it.  It's great!

You'd think that was the end of our super fun weekend, right?  Wrong!  We finished up our weekend with a choir concert.  But not just any choir concert....my other cousin from Chicago's church choir was on a spring break choir tour and just happened to be singing at a church in our teeny tiny town hence the reason she was not with her parents the night before. Crazy right? The concert was great and the best part was getting to see her for a little while afterward.

Like I said, weekends with family are certainly some of my favorites and the best part it this was not even the end of it.  I did have to work a couple of days the next week but we headed south for part 2 of our week and the good times just kept coming.  But this post is already a tad bit long so we'll save it for tomorrow.


No comments: