Monday, April 20, 2015

Gettin' Springy with It

Hello again old friends.  It's been a minute or two or several tens of thousands since I've been around these parts [again]. Life decided to get crazy busy on me all of a sudden and for a while there I just kind of felt like I was along for the ride.  I didn't even have to teach dance last week and thank goodness because I had 150,000 other things keeping me occupied. Every day before I leave work I try write a to-do list for the next day and every day last week my to-do list multiplied even with me checking things off as I went.  Let's just say that this weekend was right on time. Since it's been monsooning for the past week around these parts we didn't have too high of hopes for the weekend.  We stayed in on Friday night, grilled steaks, and called it a night pretty early because well fishing season, nuff said. We were afraid Saturday was going to be a wash as well, but even though the sun never really came out, the rain held off and we were able to embark on our newest adventure......


Yep. We now have our very own vegetable/fruit/herb garden and I am stoked! But more on that tomorrow.  I spent most of my Saturday planting all of my baby plants. By the time I was done I was beat, but those puppies looked at me with their sweet faces and practically begged me to take them on a walk so naturally I obliged. We finished off our Saturday with a crawfish boil at some friends house, along with some of the worst pool playing I've ever seen. One game had went nearly 2 rounds of trying to hit the 8 ball in at the end....and they were playing doubles. Poor Eric ended up with a headache from laughing so hard. After a rainy start to Sunday we ended up having a beautiful afternoon.  We churched, took a trip to Bass Pro for some shopping (well Eric shopped) and some lunch (what I went along for). We spent the afternoon enjoying the sunshine. I think spring has officially sprung in Alabama and it feels great!

Some of my flowerbed pretties!

Quite possibly my most favorite little pops of color in our yard.

These two can talk me into a rainy walk any day...and they usually do. 

Oh and thepool cover came off this weekend, too!  It won't be long before we're taking a dip! (after it's cleaned of course)

No comments: