Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Spring Break (the actual Part 2)

Can you tell that I finished writing my post yesterday, slapped a title on it and hit publish? Note to self: proofreading is very important. You'd think a former high school yearbook editor would be a little more diligent about checking things like the title, right?  Apparently not. So anywho, are you ready for the actual part 2 of our Spring Break? Good....great...fantastic!  Let's go.

After the awesome weekend we'd had, we decided by Wednesday that we'd had enough work for the week and headed south that afternoon, arriving in Fort Morgan, AL just in time for dinner with my aunt, uncle, and cousin.  The next day and a half were filled with sunshine, pool time, walks on the beach, and of course several games of Celebrity and Left Right Center (two of our favorite games in the whole wide world). To say we had a great time is an understatement!  We had an absolute blast!

The view...it doesn't get much prettier than this!

I decided it was time I took some pictures of something other than Hawk and Peanut for a change so I took a walk down the beach and practiced my photo taking skills played with my camera.



 Awesome pic of my cousin jumping off the railing.  
Have I ever mentioned how much I love this guy? Because I do!

Unfortunately my family had to leave on Friday morning and we weren't ready for our vacation to be over so we drove 30 miles west and spent the rest of the weekend with Eric's brother, his wife, and our adorably cute nephew.

We stopped for breakfast on our way to Orange Beach Friday morning at Hazel's. Eric has told me about how good their breakfast buffet is ever since I've been going to the beach with him (so nearly 10 years). So we finally stopped in and had a delicious home-cooked breakfast.  

 I mean is this kid seriously the cutest or what?!  And my uberly talented SIL made his bib.  She's awesome. 

 What's a trip to the beach without fresh seafood?  Since the boys didn't get to fish in the open water like they wanted to, we went in search of fresh seafood for lunch one day.  We ended up at The Gulf. It's a really neat restaurant right on the beach.  The entire restaurant is made up of blue and white storage containers.  You order at the window and sit at picnic tables right on the beach.  It's so neat and the food is amazing.  This was my Fried Grouper Sandwich that was gone in about 2 minutes. I seriously could have drank the lemon dill sauce that came on it.

And don't forget the impromptu photoshoot on the beach! We drove over to Pensacola (we literally covered the entire Baldwin County portion of the Alabama Gulf Coast this trip) to have dinner with the boys' aunt and uncle on Friday night so we had to stop and take a few snapshots with Little Man.  Maybe next time we'll be able to get the boys to agree to get in the photos with us. Unlikely, but we can still dream, right?

We ended the weekend with some outlet mall shopping (got some great deals on shorts and some new running shoes!) and a crawfish boil with some friends who were down there for spring break.  We headed home on Sunday completely refreshed. I am sure that will last all of a week or so before we'll be itching to go back down!

No comments: