What You Need:
1 medium onion
juice from 1 lime
1- 8oz can whole kernel sweet corn
1- 8oz can black beans
2 large tomatoes
1 jalapeño pepper
1 cup cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It:
Rinse and drain corn and black beans in a colander, leave in colander to dry.
Dice tomatoes, removing the excess juice/seedy part of the tomatoes and place in a large bowl. Seed and dice the jalapeño pepper, place in bowl with the tomatoes. Chop cilantro and add to bowl. Add corn, black beans, and onions along with lime juice to the bowl. Toss mixture with salt and pepper until combined.
You can serve it immediately with chips or refrigerate until you're ready to serve. We can never resist eating is as soon as it's ready, but the flavor is always so much richer the next day!
This dish was the first thing I have made that included a little something from the garden. I used a jalapeño pepper that I harvested the day we got home from the beach. Speaking of our first harvest...here it is! It might be small but I am so proud of it!
Thankfully it rained while we were gone so the entire garden looked super healthy when we got back!


No comments:
Post a Comment