Monday, June 8, 2015

Summer Weekends are the Best!

It's no secret that we live for the weekends around these parts, but specifically summertime weekends. There is nothing better in my book because there's never a shortage of things to do: pool, lake, river, cookout, dance party on the back porch, etc. There was a moment Saturday night when we were hanging out at the neighbors' house, surrounded by our friends that I thought: This is the good life. How did we get so lucky to be surrounded by such an amazing group of friends? If I could have bottled up that night I would have because it was just perfect. Since bottling up a moment isn't exactly possible, a picture is the next best thing, right?


We started out our weekend with a birthday celebration for our niece in the form of a pool party with Eric's sister, dad, grandmother, and of course the birthday girl!  I am pretty much convinced I want to go back to having birthdays like I did when I was a kid because they are the best!


Saturday was a doozy of a day.  It started with Eric playing golf and me puttering around the house.  When he got back we headed up to the lake for an afternoon with friends at Chimney Rock and ended with the above mentioned cookout with our friends.

This is another view I never get tired of. 

What's a trip to the Rock without jumping, right? Eric (in the maroon trunks) and one of our friends conquered Chicken Rock. Only adrenaline junkies tackle Chimney Rock (directly below the #1 in the first picture). It's about 3 times as high as Chicken Rock. No thank you.

As I said Saturday night was just a really fun night.  The best part of hanging out at the neighbors' house? The pups get to play, too!  These two decided they'd had enough by 10PM (their bedtime) and curled up by their back door. 

Sunday morning the boys played a scramble and we hit up the pool again in the afternoon. We finished up the evening with a cookout and the most amazing dinner cookout spread complete with several Cagle Garden Veggies!  I can't wait to eat the leftovers this week!  I think it's pretty safe to say that we summered the heck out of this weekend! I can't wait to do it all again this weekend!




No comments: