We had an absolutely fantastic Thanksgiving weekend that was jam packed with family, delicious food and so much fun! Eric started the long weekend cooking 7 of the 11 turkeys he had to fry this year, needless to say our kitchen sink looked like the frozen meat aisle at the grocery store. My BIL, SIL and nephew arrived Wednesday and my SIL and I spent most of the day cooking for Thanksgiving. Eric fried fish that night and we had a crew over to eat fish tacos. Thankfully the night didn't go to late because we were up and ready for Turkey Day the next morning. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with Eric's family, that [of course] included entirely too much food.
One of my most favorite smells in the entire world...fried turkey =)
We washed our meal down with Apple Cider Mimosas and were really excited about it (as if you couldn't tell).
Saturday was the Iron Bowl, so we put together some delicious hors d'oeuvres that morning and footballed all afternoon. Alabama pulled out a win, and half of the crowd at our house was happy, the other half was sad they lost the game, and one guy was beside himself because we had a $2/square football board and had Derrick Henry not scored Alabama's last touchdown with less than 30 seconds to go in the game he would have won $80.
Leaf piles are the best when you're 1 year old, in case you didn't know.
I am so glad we got to spend a few days with these guys (plus our husbands who were in the woods when we decided to have this little photoshoot, but I promise they were around all weekend.) =)
See? Little man was loving sitting on his own little perch with the big boys!
We were up early again on Sunday as my BIL, SIL, and nephew headed back home. After they left I had every intention of cleaning up the house and getting things back in order, but the night before I was informed about the Hallmark Channel's Christmas movies by my SIL and a couple of friends, so I decided to see what they were talking about. 6 hours later I had watched 3 fantastic movies and had only dusted because the majority of the dusting was in the living room where I could watch movies. I ended up forcing myself out of the chair around 3:30pm and managed to walk the dogs twice, wash my car, and finish cleaning the house before 6pm. I can only imagine how productive I could have been had I not watched movies all day. This is why I don't watch movies....they suck me in and I get absolutely NOTHING done. The purpose of cleaning was so we could go get a CHristmas tree but that didn't happen Sunday, but hopefully we will have one in our possession before the end of the week (or before Costco runs out). I know what I'll be doing this coming weekend!






No comments:
Post a Comment