It only took me 8 years to give in to a hot dog costume for Peanut.
Aren't they precious?!? They
Our weekend got off to a bit of a rough start with THS losing its 3rd straight game. It's been a rough few weeks for the boys to say the least. We have at least one more game as we made the playoffs again, so we'll see how that goes. We slept in Saturday and attempted to go get breakfast. We tend to be somewhat early risers on Saturdays so breakfast out isn't usually crowded when we hit up our favorite places. We had a rude awakening when our number 1 and number 2 places (the only sit-down places in our little town) were packed to the brim at 9AM, so we opted for Hardee's drive through instead.
The only thing we had on the schedule for Saturday was a Paw Patrol-themed birthday party for our neighbor. After the party Eric headed to the woods for the afternoon and I headed to spend some Kohl's Cash that was going to expire. I made it back in time to catch Saturday night church and headed back to the house to walk the pups. At least I had the presence of mind to throw together a batch of our favorite crock pot potato soup for dinner. It was absolutely delicious and we ate entirely too much of it, as usual.
We kinda slept in again on Sunday but with the time change we technically got up at our normal time.....? Time changes are so confusing. I grew up in Indiana before the state started changing time so by the time we moved to Tennessee when I was 9, the time change completely threw me off. I couldn't understand why on earth any one would feel the need to change their clocks.....and I was only 9 years old at the time. I still think changing the clocks in dumb. This was me when I got off the treadmill at 5pm last night:
I'm tempted to move to Arizona just so I don't have to deal with the nonsense and absurdity that is daylight savings. Who needs extra day light in the AM? I am much more productive when I leave work than I am in the morning! I digress.
No matter how yo slice it, it's Monday, and another week is starting, so I am going to make the most of it and then rush home this afternoon to walk the puppies before the darkness closes in! (and not be melodramatic about it at all)
P.S. I blame daylight savings for me forgetting my lunch on the counter this morning. So there.



No comments:
Post a Comment