Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Weekend Recap: Inspire Dance Competition

To say that I woke up with my little booty dragging on Monday is a total and complete understatement. I really really really REALLY wanted to roll over and go back to sleep as the sound of my alarm clock assaulted my ears at 5:30 this morning. The reason for my exhaustion, despite the 2 hour nap I accidentally took Sunday afternoon, was a fantastic jam packed weekend doing something I absolutely love to do! SO what the heck was it?!?!

My excitement level on Saturday morning...post coffee of course =)
...and for the record I was parked in the Walmart parking lot when I snapped this!

I spent the majority of my weekend living the dance competition life with our wonderfully talented dance team at our first competition of 2016 and boy was it a fun one! The dancing started at 9AM Saturday morning and it was an hour away from the house so I was on the road early to get there on time. We spent the morning watching our youngest dance teammers rock their very first competition.

The girls totally blew us away and were rewarded for their performances. Our Mini Trio not only scored high enough to earn Platinum Elite recognition, they also won a Judges Award for Most Entertaining Act of the morning, invitations to a Summer Dance Intensive in New York, and got 1st Overall for Petite Recreational Duo/Trios. Our Junior Trio also did exceptionally well, receiving a Platinum ranking score, and 1st Overall for Junior Recreational Duos/Trios. We rounded off the morning with one of our JR dancers receiving Platinum and 4th Overall for her solo. To say we were proud of all of them is an understatement.

Our girls with their awards and the minis on stage!

Thankfully the schedule worked out so that we had a break between the morning and evening sessions and all the girls, plus their families packed up and headed for some lunch because the girls had worked up quite an appetite! After lunch it was back to competition, but this time for the older girls, our "Veterans" if you will. They turned in two stellar routines in jazz and tap that earned Platinum/3rd Overall and Platinum Elite/2nd Overall, respectively, and our tap number won a Judges' Award for Showmanship. We left the auditorium that night exhausted but very excited!

Thankfully we'd decided to stay overnight at a hotel instead of heading home since we had to be back and ready to dance at 8AM the following morning. We rounded out the weekend with 4 fantastic solos and our tap trio earning all Platinum and Platinum Elites, along with Teen Recreational Solo 4th and 5th place Overall Awards; Senior Recreational Solo 2nd and 4th place Overall Awards; Teen Recreational Duo/Trio 2nd Place Overall, Judges' Technique, Personality; and Best of Broadway Awards; another round of invitations to the NYC Summer Dance Intensive; and a Hollywood Summer Tour Scholarship.


So yeah it wasn't a bad 24 hours for us! It was a great way to kick off our season and I can't wait to continue what we started in a couple of weeks at the next one!

I got home Sunday around noon and did everything in my power to do as little as possible. The boys got a couple of walks, groceries were bought for the week, and an accidental 2 hour nap was indulged in. I didn't even realize I was that tired until sat down to watch Saturday night's SNL episode and woke up to a fishing show at 5pm. Whoops! I'm pretty sure I would have been useless at doing anything else so it worked for me, and isn't that the point of Sundays anyway?

These two certainly agree!

No comments: