Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Beautiful Weekend

It is weekends like the one we just had that make me glad we live in the South. While many parts of the country still have snow and cold, spring has sprung in LA (lower Alabama), and spring flowers are starting to bloom!

I am anxious to see what comes up in my garden this year. Last year I planted a few things, but really just wanted to see what was already here since it was our first year in our house. I transplanted a few plants that mom sent (yes she mailed plants to me) so I can't wait to see how those plants look this year. My mom and grandmother are exceptional gardeners so I hope their green thumbs will rub off on me.

Snowflakes are usually the first flowers to bloom in my yard. I think they are so dainty and sweet. Please excuse the weeds in the background, they have since been pulled up.

The honeysuckle on the corners of our pool fence was there when we moved in, but I feel like it has gotten bigger this year, which is great because we only have a chain-link fence around our pool. It gives us more privacy.

The boys also enjoy the nice weather, so they played outside while I did some weeding.

This cracks me up....he does this all the time:




No comments: