Monday, March 14, 2011

NCAA Tourney Time!

This has to be one of my favorite few weeks of the year. In my opinion, March Madness is the best culmination of a sports season out there (and I am not just saying that because I played basketball in college). Think about it, what could better than a 3 week do-or-die, single elimination tournament? To win it's simple, win 6 games and you are the Champions, lose just one and your season is done.

For as long as I can remember, ever March my dad and I have filled out both our men's and women's brackets on the Monday following Selection Sunday, and for the past several years my brother has gotten in on the action--mom does every blue moon, so it has become a family affair for us. The only thing the winner gets for having the highest score is bragging rights for the rest of the year.

So here it is, my men's bracket for this year:

I have Purdue winning the whole things (shocker for me, I know). I can't help it, if one of my teams has a decent seed I can't go against them. My final 4 is 3 seed heave (Purdue, BYU and UConn). I have Purdue beating Ohio State in the Championship 75-65. They played twice this season and split, each winning on their home court so it is anyone's ball game.

Here's to hoping that my bracket is better than that of my dad and brother... love you guys but you're no match for me!

No comments: