Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Bracket Buster
Sadly my bracket did not survive the 1st weekend of March Madness. My beloved Purdue Boilermakers were beaten Sunday by an 11-seed play-in team...Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). It was a pretty pathetic game by my Boilers. Yes I did pick Purdue to win the entire thing. Why? Because they are my team and they were a 3 seed coming off a great season, and if they had won the entire thing and I had not picked them I would not have forgiven myself. Silly I know but that is my logic. Plenty of 3 seeds have won the entire tournament before. I guess there is always next year. I still picked 10 out of 16 teams in the Sweet 16 and my other 3 Final Four picks are still playing: Ohio State, UConn, and BYU. Since my National Champ is out I can pick someone else to cheer for so I guess that will be VCU since they beat Purdue, (it makes a loss seem not so bad if you can say you lost to the eventual champion) and Butler since they are an Indiana team. I must say that the quality of games this year has not disappointed me. There have been lots of really close and exciting games, which is what I love most about March Madness.
Labels:
basketball
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment