We were really lucky when we found our house. It was completely move-in ready when we bought it, and the only changes we made was painting our living room and our bedroom. Since then we have made a few changes here and there, but the house has stayed the same, for the most part.
I don't know if it's because we have been in the house a year now or what, but we have suddenly taken on several projects to "change things up" a bit. The first project was one we have talked about since we moved in here. Our kitchen (along with the rest of the house) was a bland egg shell creme color, with a vineyard-inspired border around the top that has tans, and purples and reds in it. Nice, but borders just scream 1992 to me for some reason. But because the border goes above the cabinets, all around the room I have just gotten used to it. Well the day after hunting season ended this year Eric decided he was going to take it on. He brought home some paint samples one night and we chose a rich Cabernet-hued red and I figured we might get into it that weekend. Eric apparently had other plans. I came home the next night and he had one entire wall painted, and was completely finished with it the following night. I guess I am glad I liked the color! It looks fantastic, if I say so myself, and it makes the border (which is still up)
look completely different--in a good way. I may get around to taking it down someday but for now it will stay put.

No comments:
Post a Comment