Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Moment in Time


I made it though the week! Barely.  It may have been the longest week on record for me, and I even brought some work home with me this weekend....ugh.  Hopefully it will all be worth it in the long run.  In the midst of my crazy week I was coming down the parking deck stairs one morning and looked out the window and saw the site above.  Not gonna lie, I was mesmerized.  I stood there for a minute just staring. Luckily I get to work early so I was not bombarded by people coming down the stairs (not like a lot of people take them anyway--it actually shocks me to see how many people take the elevator ONE floor, but that's another rant for another day). I really needed a moment to clear my head and this certainly took care of it.

I know this is totally random, but I was looking at my flowers this week and noticed that colors of my roses on my rose bushes have changed. I used to have a yellow rose bush and a dark pink rose bush growing on the same arch, and I have apparently inadvertently bred a new rose.  It's yellow with pink speckles!  There are several of them on the vine and I think they are just gorgeous! I am sure rose purists would be astonished but I think they look neat!

No comments: