Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekend Recap: River Trip 2.0

This was my view on a glorious Easter morning.  Pretty hard to beat, right?  


Yes, we did go back to the river again this weekend, but it was not as nearly as long of a trip this time.  Eric had to cook fish for a rehearsal dinner on Friday so I was lef tto my own devices and spent a pleasant evening watching Say Yes to the Dress and redesigning my blog...you like?  I am quite a novice at blog design but I'm learning.  I think if I could go back to school I'd go into web design.  I've done a little bit of web editing at work and I really like it.  Maybe it can be my second career someday.....

Anywho.  Saturday I got up and did some work.  Not house work or yard work, work work.  I usually never bring anything home with me but I am working like a crazy person on this grant.  I just really hope that all of this work pays off in the long run.  

Saturday afternoon we took the puppy dogs to the river.  Since they did not get to come with us last weekend we decided to take this with us this time.  They had a BLAST!  They were hilarious!  Even my momma's boy inside-loving dog, Peanut went romping through the water on the sand bars.  Hawk of course spent every second possible playing, and when it was time for bed he plopped himself down in the middle of the bed and we had to push him down to the bottom of the bed so we could get in.  

We managed to get a little cat fishing in, on trot-lines and bush-hooks. I can't wait until we get to eat some of them! 

We ate well, of course.  Steak was on the menu this weekend =) 


Catfish weren't the only fish biting this weekend.  We caught a bass and and a Grinnell on the trot line.  

Pulling out the hook that the fish swallowed. Apparently he wanted to be caught.

This is what we saw when we got back to the camp from checking the hooks.  Nice to know someone was waiting up for us =)

A beautiful night sky on the river.

This is what happens when a puppy dog plays all day long. 

Helping dad take care of business.

So I know what you're thinking....where are the fish? No worries we kept them and pics are coming!  I promise!


No comments: