First thing a friend delivered my pecan rolls from the Mennonite Bakery in West Alabama that I'd ordered a few days before. These things are seriously good. They taste like cinnamon rolls with chopped pecans on top. Eric just about lost his mind when he saw these. We may or may not have finished off both pans this weekend...oops!
About 10:00 I got a call from Eric saying he had a job near my work and asked if I wanted to meet him somewhere for lunch. We settled on a Tex Mex place called Salsarita's that we'd never been to. A friend described it as just like Moe's (one of our favorite restaurants) but they don't yell "Welcome to Moe's" when you walk in the door. It was pretty good, but I felt like my burrito was not as flavorful as the one I get @ Moe's. However their chips were the bomb.com. Seasoned salt on homemade tortilla chips, don't mind if I do!
![]() |
| I feel like this pic is deceiving because this thing was HUGE! |
When I got back to work the day got even better as I had an Edible Arrangement delivered to my desk from my parents! They knew what a crazy week I 'd had so they sent me a beautiful fruit bouquet to cheer me up. This stuff is seriously delicious! By the time I'd felt work I had eaten everything but a few grapes and strawberries. Thank goodness it was fruit and not chocolates!
Friday night we decided to stay in, so we got Chinese takeout and rented Friends with Benefits. Funny Funny movie. I picked it and Eric was skeptical that I'd sentenced him to an evening watching a chick flick, but he laughed through the whole movie.
![]() |
| via |
Saturday morning he went fishing so I headed into town to run some errands and got a TON of things done, which is rare for me because I usually avoid Saturday morning errands like the plague. I went early enough that I avoided most of the riff raff and was home my noon. Our Saturday afternoon looked a lot like this:
Can't beat that right? Throw in some fun friends and good food and it made for a wonderful Saturday!
![]() |
| Ribbage cooked on the Big Green Egg. |
![]() |
| My world famous potato salad. |
![]() |
| Moo cows that we saw on the way home from Eric's grandma's house....yup we live in the country. |








1 comment:
oh my word... that steak or ribbage you called it>? whatever it is... looks amazing. Share the recipe! haha
Post a Comment