If you've known me for any length of time, you know that I am a creature of habit: I like routines and I am not a fan of change. My Mom ran into my 4th grade teacher the other day and my teacher told my mom how she remembered that all I did the first 4 weeks of 4th grade was cry because we'd just moved to TN and I didn't know anyone and I missed my friends and my grandparents and I thought my life was over...for 4 long weeks. I might have been a tad dramatic back then. In hindsight that move was one of the best things that ever happened to me; because of it I have had so many amazing opportunities and friends all over the country! I eventually realized that I could make new friends, it just took me a little while to adjust. Luckily I am much better at handling change these days, =) but I still love a good old family tradition. One of these is
breakfast casserole for Christmas morning breakfast. We've been having the same one every Christmas morning since I can remember. This past year my dad told us he had a new breakfast casserole for us to try. Of course I was skeptical, but I was convinced otherwise after I tried it. We've made it several times since then, including
this past weekend at the beach with my BIL and SIL. The best part is that it's super easy and super delicious!
What you need:
2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1lb ground sausage
1 package cream cheese, softened
1-1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
How to make it:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan.
Brown sausage in a skillet.
Drain. In a bowl,
mix sausage and cream cheese.
Unroll one can of crescent rolls.
Line the bottom of the pan with crescent rolls, pressing the perforated seams together.
Spread cream cheese-sausage mixture over dough.
Cover with a layer of shredded cheddar cheese.
Top with the other tube of crescent rolls. Be sure to pinch the perforated seams together (it doesn't have to be perfect because the crescent rolls will rise).
Bake 25 minutes or until top layer is golden brown.
Serve immediately.
This stuff is seriously amazing. Throw in some
Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole and you have feast. We made some bacon and eggs to go along with it the other morning at the beach and I actually left bacon on my plate. I guess there's a first time for everything.
Now go make it...you can thank me later.
1 comment:
Yummo! I'll be making this very soon! Thanks for posting
Post a Comment