Friday, March 14, 2014

High 5! It's Friday!

Good news, I think my nose/head issues from earlier this week were allergy related to the pollen that made an appearance earlier this week.  The Bradford Pear trees (pretty flowers, but gosh they stink) bloomed this week and I think that's what got me.  I am 100 % better now, just in time for the weekend.  Thank goodness!

#1
via
We are down to one week before Divergent is in theaters!  I am so excited for this movie because I LOVED the books.  Eric doesn't know it yet, but he's going to enjoy the movies, too.  I broke the ice the other night when we were watching tv and a preview came on. It didn't get much of a rise out of him, but then again the Hunger Games trailers didn't either and he has enjoyed the first two. 

#2

I have a new-old favorite snack....good old oatmeal.  I know I ate it as a kid but I recently re-discovered it on our trip to Colorado and I can't get enough of it now.  It's become my go-to 10AM snack at work....it's just enough to curb my food craving and it's so tasty!

#3

I went shopping this morning before work, on my dresser.  I was looking for a pop of color to wear with my green shirt.  I usually wear some kind of long gold or metallic necklace with this shirt, but I saw a picture of someone wearing a similar color shirt with a bright necklace the other day and loved it.  I have had this necklace for several years and have not worn it too often, but I am thinking I will be wearing it again!

#4

This happpened again this week.  I had some leftover brussel sprouts from the other night, so I whipped up another batch of Brussel Sprout Hash with Whipped Goat Cheese.  It was just as good as it was the first time.  I decided to swap the pearl onions for chopped sweet onions because lets be honest here, ain't nobody got time to peel and chop an entire bag of pearl onions.  I learned my lesson the first time.  They may not be as cute as pearl onion, but they taste the same and took about 1/20 the time to prepare.  I have updated the recipe I posted the other day with this important chance.

#5

We've done a bit of furniture swapping/redecorating in out living room.  It took some of it a little while to grow on me and I am waiting on Eric to remove one more large piece of furniture, *cough* the recliner *cough* but I am a fan now.  I have even put a few more holes in our walls and hung a few things since we have some new bare spots on our walls.  The monogram that I stained is now above the mirror on our "hallway" wall and I framed my favorite mountain picture from Colorado and hung it up. I am thinking a living room update post is in order next week (once the recliner is removed, of course).

Happy Friday!  

No comments: