The wedding was absolutely beautiful and it went off without a hitch, aside from the candles that were supposed to be used to light the unity candle almost melting completely. They were lit by the parents when they walked in at the beginning of the ceremony. There ceremony ended up being quite long, with several songs, readings, prayers, and long vows (and no it wasn't a Catholic wedding), so by the time they went to light the unity candle there was less than 1/4 of the candles left! They managed and they're married now and that's all that matters.
We headed downtown after the wedding to meet up with some friends for the evening and ended up meeting up again with my friend that got married and her new hubby. It was one of those nights out where everywhere you turn you're surrounded by people you know....those are the best nights out in my book...so.much.fun!
![]() |
| 1. Started off my weekend with a homemade bacon, egg white and cheese McMuffin...what else? I can't stop eating these things....they're so good! 2. I did my own hair all curly and such for the wedding. It stayed pretty curled most of the day. Unfortunately the 20 mph wind did it in at the end of the night. 3. My beautiful bouquet. 4. My reception attire. My feel were not feeling my nice shoes, so my chucks got to go to the reception with me. 5. The MOHs! Aren't we cute?! 6. Our beautiful bride relaxing pre-ceremony. Don't worry, the rose was not part of her get-up, she was just messing around. 7. and 8. She is a huge Alabama fan and he is a huge Tennessee fan so they had a tailgate themed reception which included these adorable cakes. 9. and 10. Since we ate at the reception we went light for dinner and opted for a Caprese Salad and Cheesy Bread from SaZa's instead of one of their giant, delicious pizzas. There was NOTHING left after we got done with these. |
I would be lying if I said I didn't need another day added to my weekend and I almost got it thanks to the nail that I picked up in my tire Saturday night. Thankfully it stayed fully inflated and we got home safely. I am riding on 3 real tires and my spare today, and let me tell you it looks precious. Thankfully Eric is having it repaired for me today while I am at work. Why didn't I drive his truck? Well he needed it so he could fish this morning, of course! Duh! He had a successful fishing trip so I didn't mind too much.
I am really looking forward to this week because it is really going to start feeling like spring/summer! I am ready for some legit shorts and tank top weather!

No comments:
Post a Comment