We started the weekend with dinner at a friend's house, and by that I mean we took stuff over to that friend's house to cook. Would you expect anything less? We called it a night pretty early because Eric was invited by his brother to go on an over night tuna fishing trip on Saturday night. He got up bright and early and headed down to the beach, while I opted to stay home. As much as I would have loved to go to see my SIL, a 30 hour round trip to the beach just isn't my style. He got home Sunday evening around 6, but the trip was well worth it. I used not like tuna because the smell of tuna salad grosses me out, but fresh tuna? I love it. Fresh tuna that had been swimming less than 24 hours before I ate it? Can I have another please?! He pulled a tuna steak out and pan seared it as soon as he got home and we ate the entire thing in under a minute.
I split my time between watching the Disney Movie Classic Marathon on ABC Family and spending as I possibly could outside in the beautiful weather. I even got a tan line from my SHORTS! I really hope this amazing weather comes back to visit us this coming weekend. Right now it's pouring outside and it's supposed to get cold again, but as long as it warms back up in time for the weekend I will be just fine with it. The rest of my weekend looked a lot like this:
![]() |
| Clockwise from top left: 1. Goat Cheese Pizza on flat bread for dinner on Saturday night, would you expect anything less from me? 2. One of 4 walks the boys got this weekend. I tried to stay outside as much as I possible could! 3. I really wanted to recreate one of the dishes we had at Laundry in Steamboat Springs last week (recap coming this week, promise!), and if I didn't hit the nail on the head then I got pretty darn close. I was a little concerned because my goat cheese did not whip like I wanted it to, but the flavor was right on. 4. I ordered an unfinished wooden monogram from Jane.com a few weeks ago and it came in last week. I decided to stain it dark because most of our walls are pretty light. I can't wait to find place to hang this beauty in the house! |


No comments:
Post a Comment