Monday, October 27, 2014

Weekend Recap: Fun Fun and More Fun

You know you've had a good weekend when you're laying in bed Sunday night and your husband says what a fun weekend we've just had.  And it was it was an awesome weekend.  It ended up being pretty busy but everything we did was so much fun I could do over and over again.

We started off with a football game Friday night (what else would we do, amiright?).  This was a must-win game for us and after the dismal game we had the week before we had some motivation to take care of business. What we were expecting to be a back and forth battle quickly became anything but.  We ended up winning 34-7 and from what I've heard from everyone who was at the game the week before, we looked like a completely different team.  Let's just hope we can continue on that high because we have another biggie this week.  It's not a region game, but it's the biggest rivalry game we have and it's Senior Night.  The other school is literally 10 minutes from us and the way the playoff seedings are being put together this year, we really need to win that game.

1-2. I found this little slice of heaven at the grocery store Friday afternoon. It tasted like a glazed donut filled with chocolate pudding.  It was calling to me as I headed to the checkout line.  I just wish I'd bought more than one.  
3-4. I've been quite impressed with our band this year, they've added some guitar and dub-step to the halftime show this year.  It's been quite entertaining.  But they blew me away Friday when the majorettes busted out the flaming batons....FLAMING BATONS.  Coming from a girl who is just now learning a thumbflip from one of my 6th graders, I was beyond impressed. More flaming batons!!!

We did not stick around too long after the game because Eric had to get to bed so he could take full advantage of the first day of hunting season.  He was like a little kid anticipating Christmas morning.  I didn't even hear him get out of bed (around 4am apparently) to head out to the woods.  I cleaned up the house and got myself ready because we had a very important birthday party to attend Saturday afternoon for none other than our favorite neighbor kid who is now officially 5 years old.  I can't believe how fast that kid is growing up.  The party was great, and how could a party not be when it includes a bounce house...yes I jumped. =)  We finished off the night with burgers and sausages on the grill and football.  I have to brag on Eric for a minute.  He is certainly one of the best grill masters I know but he made some burgers this weekend that were amazing!  I don't know why we don't grill burgers more often because they really are my favorite!  I realized at one point Saturday night that we had 7 yes SEVEN dogs running around the house/carport.  It was our 2, plus my MIL's dog, plus our neighbors' 2 puppies, plus 2 of our friends' dogs. Talk about chaos, but it was so much fun!  They all got a long quite well and were beyond entertaining.  Considering 3 of the 7 are puppies who are in the 11-15 weeks age range it was almost too much cuteness to take.

1. Eric and his first kill of hunting season.  To say he was pumped was an understatement.
2. Bounce house castle = best birthday party idea ever!
3. I tried really hard to get my Tennessee Vols going on Saturday, but Bama was just too much for us.  And now I have to listen to how dominant Bama is for another year....awesome.

Sunday we slept in and just hung around the house all morning, perfection in my book.  Eric left for football meetings a little after lunch, and I got ready for some basketball! Don't worry, I'm definately still not coaching.  This was my annual alumni game at Huntingdon, which is always so much fun! We ended up losing to the current team 68-48, but I'm pretty sure they should be us.  It took us about a half to get our shots to fall and start clicking as a team, but what do you expect, we're old and it takes us a little while to get going.  =)  I am paying for it today.  I leaned over to brush my teeth this morning and had to push myself back so I could stand up straight again, but I would play again today if they asked.  It's so much fun to go back every year and meet a new group of alumni.  That program means so much to me and my teammates played a big role in shaping who I am today.  I am hoping to make it back for a game or two this year.  Since I am not coaching, I should have time this year.

 Lady Hawks Alumni Team....we keep getting bigger every year!  



 We may be the oldies, but I'm pretty sure thing just bet better with age!

 Both teams after the game...#hawkabirdsforlife

We've got another busy one this week, Senior Night, dance classes, Halloween, and hopefully getting to meet our nephew this weekend!

No comments: