Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Weekend Recap

There's nothing like a 3 day weekend to get your sleep patterns completely thrown out of whack, right?  Just kidding, I would never complain about getting a 3 day weekend.  Plus my lack of sleep is more likely the result of staying up to watch the entire Dancing with the Stars Episode last night that I DVRed. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Apparently I don't learn from my mistakes very well because I did the exact same thing last Monday.

We had a jam packed weekend between Homecoming at THS Friday night (which we won), PEO for me on Saturday morning, and several very exciting football games Saturday afternoon/evening.  After  all of that, I was really happy to see Sunday afternoon. I caught up on all of my DVRed shows from the week and got a nice long run in, and did very little other than that.  I was hoping to work on some projects on my day off Monday, but those plans unfortunately got side tracked.  I mentioned about Hawk having to go to the vet for some swelling on his neck about a month ago.  We treated it with antibiotics and he was fine a few days later.  Well we noticed it again on Saturday night.  It was just a small spot so I gave him a little bit of the same meds I had leftover from the time before and decided we would get him checked on Monday if it got worse.  Well, it did. The pocket of swelling became hard and got bigger in a day's time. The whole side of his face started swelling so we took him to the vet in Montgomery who thinks he has an abscessed salivary gland.  They kept him over night to drain the pockets, and will probably have him another day or two just to make sure to get it all cleaned out. They are sending off a sample of what they drained to see what they need to give him to treat it further.  Hopefully we will have him back in a day or so as good as new.  The strange thing about this is that he has never acted like he was hurting or in pain.  I noticed Monday that he looked a little uncomfortable, but that's understandable when you have a swollen face.  So please say a prayer for him that he will get better soon because there are two humans and a little dachshund at home who miss him very much.

No that's not a second tongue, that's how swollen his face was Monday morning. 

This week is going to be a interesting one...we have lots in store and a lot of it is uncharted territory for us!  I just hope that it helps this week fly by!

No comments: