Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas 2015: Round 2

Christmas 2015 is now officially in the books! It will most likely go on record as the one of the warmest and soggiest Christmases I have ever experienced, but the weather didn't keep us from enjoying the holiday. I recapped Round 1 of our Christmas holiday last week, so I guess I will pick up where I left off. We managed to throw together an unofficial Christmas fish fry with a bunch of our friends Tuesday night because we had some friends in town who we don't see too often, so needless to say I was exhausted by Wednesday evening and so thankful for my upcoming 5 day weekend.
I even got a family photo in front of the tree with my boys!
We spent Christmas Eve afternoon with Eric's brother and his family at our house before we all headed over to Eric's grandma's house for Christmas Eve Dinner and boy did she have a classic southern spread: ham and cheese sandwiches, mac and cheese, greens and cornbread, and a dessert for each person!  We ate until we were about to bust, and sat around enjoying the company watching our nephew walk all over the place! He has preferred to walk on his knees for the past month or so but decided to walk on his feet that night and spent the evening walking from his parents, to myself, to Eric, back to his parents again.  Of course he clapped for himself every time he made the circle, and naturally the entire room full of adults clapped because when a 14 month old claps, everyone claps back!  It was hilarious!

I'm glad my SIL always has her camera ready because I completely forgot mine! And I clearly make crazy faces when babies walk toward me.
After dinner we went over to Eric's Dad's house to have Christmas with him. He is doing so much better than this time last year, it's really hard to believe he's come so far! We are all so thankful that he is so much better. We finished up there and all went our separate ways, we headed back home and Eric's brother and his family headed up to my SIL's parents' house. Eric and I got home in time to catch the first showing of A Christmas Story (Eric's favorite). He was really excited about it, but like all excited little children on Christmas Eve, he was exhausted and fell asleep halfway through. LOL. I finished up some last minute things before heading to bed myself.

I woke up early Christmas morning (I've never been a good Christmas Eve sleeper...let's just say it was a restless night for me). Since Eric was still snoozing I got up and made a delicious (mini) Sausage Crescent Bake for Christmas breakfast. I guess the smell of breakfast woke Eric up because he started stirring as I was pulling it out of the oven. We exchanged gifts with each other and enjoyed our little Christmas morning together. However, the quiet was brief because we had another round of Christmas to get to! That Christmas is going to have to be a post in itself, but I will tell you that the evening ended with family photos with matching pajamas and dog scarfs. =)

No comments: