Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Oh We Par-tayed!

Because I work for a large state agency that takes up lots of floors in a large building, and there are so many people on so many floors, finding a room for a Christmas celebration is impossible.  Our solution? A Christmas Open House where each bureau decorates their "lobby" and provides refreshments during a specified time frame on a specific day. It seems to workout pretty nicely. You don't get a ton of face time with a lot of folks, but you get to see new faces and some you didn't know moved to that floor and whatnot. This year's celebration was moved from the usual afternoon time slot to 9AM on a Monday morning. I am still NOT a supporter of Monday celebrations, but no one asked for my opinion on the matter....Thursday and Friday parties for the win!

Our bureau picked a Tacky Christmas theme this year and I don't think I have ever had so much fun decorating! It turned out so cute and for our efforts, we won best decorations!


I have no idea how much wrapping paper we ended up using but between all of the presents and covering the walls, it was a lot!

 Our "Major Award" (the ribbon, not the snowman)

 Our Cat Paper Wall. The paper is covered in cats wearing Santa hats....lots and lots of cats. 

 We even had a photo booth wall with lots of fun signs.  We left a space for our friend who is out on maternity leave. =)

The lights hung from the ceiling might have been my favorite part of all of the decorations.  They're made from green solo cups and balloons.  We didn't even have to attach the balloons, the're suctioned into the cups! We taped the backs of the cups to some ribbon and hung them from the ceiling.  I can't tell you how many people asked where we got the giant lights from because they looked so real!  I kinda want to throw a Christmas party just to make some "lights!"

The decor pics were taken before we put the food out but we treated our guests to Panera bagels, cheese, and fruit. I lost count of how many bagels I ate during the course of the day, but it's safe to say that it was an obscene number. But they were sooooo good! By the time we finished I was in a post-party carbohydrate coma for a couple of hours.

And the best part of the day?? Getting to wear my super cute Tacky Christmas Attire all day! Light up ears and all!
#ineedtoworkonmyselfieskills

No comments: