Tuesday, December 15, 2015

One Week Closer!

In case you aren't counting there are only 10 days left until Christmas and only one weekend left before the holiday! I'm almost ready with just a few loose ends to tie up before the holidays. I need one more afternoon of getting things done and I will be ready I think. This past weekend was another productive one for me.  Eric was off on another duck hunting excursion and he had a blast! He said it was probably the best hunt he'd ever been on.
If that's not the face of a hunter in his element, I don't know what is.  


As for me, I had another extremely productive weekend of getting stuff done. Hence the reason I feel pretty confident in my "level of ready" for Christmas. I was out and about all day Saturday for my P.E.O. Chapter's Christmas Bazaar, doing some Christmas shopping, and catching a basketball at my Alma mater. Sunday was my Christmas "baking" day. I don't actually do any baking for the holidays but I do make treats, and I made a TON on Sunday. 4 batches of Christmas Crunch, 1 batch of Pistachio Bark, and 1 batch of Fire Crackers (which I may have eaten half of on Sunday).


1. One of my P.E.O. Christmas Bazaar purchases. I have some super talented sisters!
2. I had some time to kill and needed lunch in between the bazaar and the game on Saturday so I tried out a new pizza place we have in town, Pizza 120. It's like a Subway, but with pizza. And it's delicious! I'm trying to convince Eric we need to go one night this week. He's still bitter because he says he thought of the restaurant concept a long time ago.  I told him he should have acted quicker on it!
3. My old stomping grounds at HC. I like to make it to at least one game a year to watch the girls play. So many wonderful old memories!
4. I checked off another Christmas movie that I have to watch every year this weekend. It was as wonderful as I remembered it, too! And yes I still wish I was Vera-Ellen, she is amazing!
5. You never know who you'll run into at and HC Lady Hawks game! I knew I'd see one of my old teammates because she coaches, but the other one was a total bonus!
6. Not one of my Christmas classics but Mary Poppins was on this weekend!!!  I absolutely adored the movie as a kid and apparently watched it a lot, because I found myself nearly reciting the entire movie.
7. & 8. The pups were glad to have me home on Sunday since I'd been going all week and Saturday and Eric was gone. They made sure I walked them more than once, played ball with them outside, and was available for snuggles.
9. The fruits of my labor on Sunday (part of them at least). This was 3 batches of Christmas Crunch. I had to bag some up to make room for batch #4!
10. My sweet hubby knows the way to my heart is through my stomach.  We are both obsessed with a particular potato soup from none other than a truck stop. Yes truck stop soup. You can get it at any Flying J Truck Stop (we've found it at a couple of them).  There is one of these truck stops halfway between our house and my parents' house and since it's such a convenient place to stop we always go in, and we always get soup (and pizza because it's 2/$5 and the crust is amazing!). On his way back from duck hunting this weekend that sweet man made sure to pick me up a cup of soup! It was lots of fun explaining to coworkers where my soup came from and that I promise it's absolutely delicious and not weird that I was so excited about soup from a truck stop.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: